Interface enx0 does not exist

Hello, today I upgraded to HassOS 8.0 and lost my HA from network. Turns out network settings switched from static to dhcp. When I tried to make it static again I see this error message when hitting SAVE button “Interface enx0 does not exist”.

I belive this can affect other plugins, because all my devices with AdGguard as DNS resolver stopped working in terms of resolving DNS via AdGuard addon. In log of AdGiard I can see related error as well:

-----------------------------------------------------------
 Add-on: AdGuard Home
 Network-wide ads & trackers blocking DNS server
 Add-on version: 4.5.1
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: Home Assistant OS 8.0  (amd64 / qemux86-64)
 Home Assistant Core: 2022.5.4
 Home Assistant Supervisor: 2022.05.2
 Please, share the above information when looking for help
 or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums or the Discord chat.
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] adguard.sh: executing... 
[20:24:21] ERROR: Got unexpected response from the API: Interface enx0 does not exist
[cont-init.d] adguard.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] discovery.sh: executing...

Any advice what can be done about it?

It is running as VM on XCP-NG 8.2.1 and was running without any problem up to HassOS 7.6

1 Like

Exact same issue running with a very similar configuration (also XCP-NG). I have two networks defined: one where the web interface listens and one for IOT devices. The IOT network (enX1) comes up, and I can connect to HA using the external cloud connection. However, the enX0 interface is disabled. Whenever I try to change the configuration of either interface, I get the same “[interface] does not exist” error.

I did find this: Interface enx0 does not exist · Issue #3645 · home-assistant/supervisor · GitHub

Yeah, I actually posted same problem on HAssOS github, and was merged with another one. Turns out this is Supervisor problem when HA VM is on XCP-NG. Developers are aware and soon we should get updated supervisor that respects upper letters in interfaces names. Why it changed from eth0 to enX0 is still unknown to me though :slight_smile: