Internal URL: WIFI & POE Ethernet

Hi there,

I have an iPad which is connected via POE. So the device has also an IP address via the ethernet connection.

Unfortunately, it is only possible to set WIFI SSIDS for internal use. It is not possible to set the Ethernet connection for internal use (in settings - companion app - „HA Server“ - internal url.

With the POE connection it is only possible to get a connection via Nabu Casa Cloud, but not via an internal URL.

It is unclear to me what you are expecting, what the problem is, and what you think the fix is.
Anyone you would be soliciting to help you would also want this information.

Perhaps read the pinned pose and then edit your top post to provide enough info so that you have a better chance finding someone to help you make the change.

Suggested Reading:
More about Feature Requests.

The problem is, that with disabled WIFI and connection via POE ethernet, it is only possible to connect to my Home Assistant instance via Nabu Casa Cloud, but not via the internal URL.

The problem was also described in the following post, without a solution:

If your router has NAT loopback (hairpinning) the traffic is not leaving your local network.

I am curious how you got the iPad connected via Ethernet though. Got a link to the device you are using?

The iPad is connected to a poe device (PoE Texas PoE+ Power and Data Adapter for Tablets). This device is an adapter with a lightning cable to the iPad. So the iPad gets power and data.

Switch - Poe adapter - iPad

Any ideas?

Yes, as I said: