IntesisHome WiFi AC Control

I reverted to the original in line 53 and modified line 98, but there is no change - Homeassistant is still returning Centigrade temperatures and reporting them as Fahrenheit.

I’m not sure how to get access to the log files, but this is an example of what appears in my DOS command window while Homeassistant is running - perhaps it provides the info you need?

INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state c
limate.office=Off; temperature=None, operation_list=[‘Auto’, ‘Cool’, ‘Heat’, ‘Dr
y’, ‘Fan’, ‘Off’], fan_list=[‘Auto’, ‘Quiet’, ‘Low’, ‘Medium’, ‘High’], operatio
n_mode=Off, run_hours=124, max_temp=30.0, unit_of_measurement=°F, friendly_name=
Office, current_temperature=19.5, min_temp=16.0, rssi=213, ha_update_type=Push,
fan_mode=High @ 2017-01-16T15:44:49.439600-05:00>, entity_id=climate.office, old
_state=<state climate.office=Off; temperature=None, operation_list=[‘Auto’, ‘Coo
l’, ‘Heat’, ‘Dry’, ‘Fan’, ‘Off’], fan_list=[‘Auto’, ‘Quiet’, ‘Low’, ‘Medium’, ‘H
igh’], operation_mode=Off, run_hours=124, max_temp=30.0, unit_of_measurement=°F,
friendly_name=Office, current_temperature=19.5, min_temp=16.0, rssi=215, ha_upd
ate_type=Push, fan_mode=High @ 2017-01-16T15:44:49.439600-05:00>>
INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: new_state=<state c
limate.bens_room=Off; temperature=None, operation_list=[‘Auto’, ‘Cool’, ‘Heat’,
‘Dry’, ‘Fan’, ‘Off’], fan_list=[‘Auto’, ‘Quiet’, ‘Low’, ‘Medium’, ‘High’], opera
tion_mode=Off, run_hours=158, max_temp=30.0, unit_of_measurement=°F, friendly_na
me=Ben’s room, current_temperature=19.0, min_temp=16.0, rssi=205, ha_update_type
=Push, fan_mode=High @ 2017-01-16T15:44:49.446600-05:00>, entity_id=climate.bens
_room, old_state=<state climate.bens_room=Off; temperature=None, operation_list=
[‘Auto’, ‘Cool’, ‘Heat’, ‘Dry’, ‘Fan’, ‘Off’], fan_list=[‘Auto’, ‘Quiet’, ‘Low’,
‘Medium’, ‘High’], operation_mode=Off, run_hours=158, max_temp=30.0, unit_of_me
asurement=°F, friendly_name=Ben’s room, current_temperature=19.0, min_temp=16.0,
rssi=199, ha_update_type=Push, fan_mode=High @ 2017-01-16T15:44:49.446600-05:00

Ok thanks yeah that’s all I needed - so IntesisHome must just use celsius in the back end.
I’ll have another look at it tonight, I think both of the lines of code will need to refer to UNIT_CELSIUS then, and I’ll ask developers whether it is supposed to automatically convert celsius to fahrenheit or if I need to add functionality to do that

Thanks that’s very helpful - you may like to delete that section of logging from post, I don’t think is sensitive but probably want to remove token, device IP and their server IP

I’ve just pushed an update to my Github for the climate file which I suspect will resolve the issue - sending a set temperature right after the off command does actually seem like a probable cause, so I’ve changed the way that code works.

I’ve also fixed the issue for @jwshome - turned out I was overwriting the current temperature (which Home Assistant would have converted correctly). Should be sorted for you now hopefully!

Oops, didn’t notice that. I had to delete my post altogether because of edit history :slight_smile:
Thanks so much for the fix! I will try that out tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

1 Like

It works!!! :tada::confetti_ball: Thanks!
I can now be at peace :slight_smile:

I have a few more, very minor, suggestions, if you’re interested. I’m still completely happy with the current solution and I think most users will be too, but still have a few suggestions to make this interface even better than it is.

1. I think it would be nice to have a dedicated “on/off” switch, instead of selecting from the list of operation modes. It’s much more intuitive because you don’t have to browse through the different options of “heat/fan/auto…”. It’s much quicker to just flick a switch to turn on and off. It also avoids choosing the wrong mode by mistake (choosing Cooling in the winter, for example).

2. The history graph is really really useful, but there is a small problem with it: Say for example I had the AC on between 10am-11am, and then on again between 4pm-5pm, it would show as the AC was on from 10am to 5pm, instead of just showing it was on for two separate hours. Do you think this could be fixed?

3. For some reason, the Fan Mode setting could only be set to Medium, Low, or Auto, even though my AC also supports High. When I select High, the interface jumps right back to Medium, but I think my AC is running on High anyway, even when Medium is selected. -Edit: I think I’ve found the problem. My AC doesn’t support the Quiet setting, so the values are mapped incorrectly: Quiet is mapped to Low, Low is mapped to Medium, and Medium is mapped to High, and High is mapped to nothing :slight_smile: I confirmed my assumption with the IntesisHome app and it seems that this is indeed the case.

Again, these are just very small minor issues that would be nice to have, but are not necessary. I appreciate all of your work and help :slight_smile:

Hi again Shlomi
Thanks for your help testing

1. Would require some changes to the Climate Component UI - I’ve just written a feature request for this here(On/Off control for Climate component card) if you would like to vote - it would be nice

2. Can you post a screenshot of the history graph you’re looking at? I’ve only seen the current temperature/setpoint graph, which does seem to correctly only show the setpoint if there has actually been a setpoint active (and no line otherwise)

3. I’ll try and get back to you about this sometime - I know you sent through that JSON but it might be something else I need to see,

Cheers!

Hi
after updated HA to 0.39.3, the intesishome dosent work, i have copyed the newest intesishome.py to custom_components, and updated the intesishome.py in folder climate
but getting this error:

17-03-04 08:45:51 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.intesishome. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 141, in get_component
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/importlib/init.py”, line 109, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 2254, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 2237, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 2226, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 1200, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 1129, in _exec
File “”, line 1471, in exec_module
File “”, line 321, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/home/pi/.homeassistant/custom_components/intesishome.py”, line 13, in
from homeassistant.components.discovery import load_platform
ImportError: cannot import name ‘load_platform’
17-03-04 08:45:51 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find component intesishome

in the file the link for details is not working, I might need some dokumentation on how to install and configure this component, the old version from November worked just fine until upgrading from 0.39.0 to 0.39.3

For more details about this component, please refer to the documentation at
IntesisHome - Home Assistant

Any clue of what to do?
/Thomas

Hi Thomas
Error message seems to imply it is loading the climate part ok but not the base IntesisHome module

I’ll try upgrading when I’m back home tonight.

I am planning on just merging it all into the climate component for simplicity at some stage too
Cheers

Thank you :slight_smile:

I upgraded today and have the same issue

Hi all -
Fix for 0.93.3 is now available on Github
load_platform must have changed so I’ve updated to use the new async load platform.

Only need to update custom_components\intesishome.py

(Please ignore my previous ‘fix’, post now deleted, where I had merged the platform into one file under climate, and changed configuration structure)

Working now, Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems that intesishome is not updating, data was not updated for 2 days, only update on restart of HA.

Just wanted to say thanks for this @jnimmo. Have been using it for the last week and it’s been working flawlessly. Well done!

1 Like

Thanks @_KD
@peterfam - Is it working OK now? I don’t think it deals very well if the network connection is interrupted; I did try to have it switch over to polling if the persistent connection times out, but on some computers the TCP timeout seems to be a really really long time

After my home automation PC died (hard disk completely destroyed and data unretrievable) I’ve been rebuilding my PC, which runs Homeseer. But Homeseer doesn’t have a plugin for Intesis thermostats, so I also installed Home Assistant with your Intesis component - not easy to do on Windows, but it’s now up and running and your component is fantastic. Thanks, again, for creating it.

I have a question about an obscure feature of Intesis that I can’t find documented anywhere. Fujitsu heat pump systems will report back, via Intesis, the temperature from two different sensors: one located at the thermostat, and one located at the air handling unit. Since the latter is often located in an uninsulated part of the house, the temperatures from these two sensors can be quite different. There is a setting on the thermostat to change from one sensor to the other, and when the change is made Intesis almost immediately reports the new temperature, and your component picks it up properly. All works fine.

The problem comes when there is a power failure and the system reverts back to measuring temperature at the air handler unit. When I query your component for information on the thermostat via the RESTful API, it returns a lot of information about the thermostat, but it does not return information on which sensor is being used. I’m wondering if that information is available from Intesis and you left it out of the component, or if Intesis does not report that information at all. Do you know?

If your component could tell which sensor was being used, I could create an alarm when the wrong sensor was being used, as a reminder to go around and reset the thermostats (or perhaps there would even be a PUT command to change the sensor automatically). The problem is that power failures often occur here in Vermont, sometimes for a few seconds and sometimes when we are not at home. I could probably have my home automation system (which has power backups and usually doesn’t go down) monitor the power and alert me, but I was hoping to do it from within Intesis if that were possible.

Any thoughts?

Regards.

Hi, im getting errors by trying work your plugin. Some idea??
17-04-08 05:04:12 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 233, in _step
result = coro.throw(exc)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 60, in async_setup_component
return (yield from task)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 388, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 286, in _wakeup
value = future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 277, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 237, in _step
result = next(coro)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 144, in _async_setup_component
component = loader.get_component(domain)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 141, in get_component
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/importlib/init.py”, line 109, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 2254, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 2237, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 2226, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 1200, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 1129, in _exec
File “”, line 1467, in exec_module
File “”, line 1572, in get_code
File “”, line 1532, in source_to_code
File “”, line 321, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/intesishome.py”, line 60
return controller.get_devices()
^
IndentationError: expected an indented block

Hi, I’m getting the same message as rubenzori86. Running on OSX. Any ideas?

Any reason why this component haven’t made it to the official Hass components?

Sorry no I’ve just been slack! I’ll try and get onto it this weekend
(Actually I was about ready to go but needed to write up a documentation page was my stumbling block)