IntesisHome WiFi AC Control

Hey is anyone with an Intesis Home unit able to tell us if there’s a local open port, like the Intesis Box has? I’m in the market for a new multi-split system and want a local API (no cloud) and use @jnimmo’s solution (I’ll try and help too), however if that’s available on the Intesis Home units then I wouldn’t be locking out any future ‘normal’ buyer who won’t have all the automation etc.

Have you got the init.py file too?

Good idea to future plan for these things! There aren’t any open ports on the IntesisHome. Could just sell the IntesisBox if you ended up leaving the house though.

@jnimmo you have update the custom component?

I’ve just pushed an update to the pull request, and published an updated custom component under Release v1.1 at https://github.com/jnimmo/pyIntesisHome/archive/1.1.zip

This release is a significant rework to meet the asynchronous requirements of the core product and includes:

• Added support for airconwithme devices
  • Detects the fan speeds available on a device
  • Now using aiohttp instead of requests and refactored all of the setter methods to be async

Let me know if there are any issues

2 Likes

@jnimmo i am gonna test it now! How can i add that i have a airconwithme device?

Hmm sorry I should update the doco
Airconwithme should be configured like this

climate:
  - platform: intesishome
    username: user
    password: pass
    device: airconwithme

Thx a lot!! I will keep you updated!

Hi. I own a Fujitsu Falcyon mini split and I’m planing to buy and install the wired WIFI module as explain here:

If anyone has same setup, I’ll appreciate any suggestion or advice.

Thank you.

Hey Jayden,
Can you advise what fan speeds your device has?
Cheers

Just updated to v1.1. Running HA v0.102.2. Working flawlessly–thank you!

Doesn’t show up any climate device for my airco. I have placed the intensishome folder in my custom components folder. In the log i can see that HA find the custom component but there is nothing to show up.

2019-12-05 09:01:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Error while setting up platform intesishome
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 150, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/config/custom_components/intesishome/climate.py", line 98, in async_setup_platform
    device_type=device_type,
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'websession'

Thanks for testing, looks like your system hasn’t picked up pyintesishome v1.5
Please try the latest code from https://github.com/jnimmo/pyIntesisHome/tree/master/custom_components/intesishome
If you update manifest file to use v1.5, or manually the latest version of pyintesishome with:
pip install pyintesishome --upgrade

Improved fan control, swing control and error handling/reconnection is GO
Cheers

Works like a charm! Thx.
I miss a couple of functions… like the vertical vane.

For us simple folk.

Would you mind rewriting instructions on how to use the component in HomeAssistant.

There now seems to be more files without instructions on where they should be installed.

@meremortal the component is going to be included in Home Assistant in the next release, I suggest waiting until then - otherwise, all three files (init.py, climate.py, manifest.json) just need to go iinto custom_components/intesishome. folder

Not quite sure what the issue is then.

Log Details (ERROR)
Sun Jan 05 2020 14:41:26 GMT+1000 (AEST)

Error while setting up platform intesishome
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 150, in _async_setup_platform
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 442, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/config/custom_components/intesishome/climate.py”, line 98, in async_setup_platform
device_type=device_type,
TypeError: init() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘websession’

Hi @meremortal and @jnimmo,

I am seeing the same behaviour at the moment.

Log Details (ERROR)
Thu Jan 09 2020 10:30:46 GMT+1100 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
Error while setting up platform intesishome
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 150, in _async_setup_platform
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
  return fut.result()
File "/config/custom_components/intesishome/climate.py", line 95, in async_setup_platform
  await controller.poll_status()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyintesishome/pyintesishome.py", line 474, in poll_status
  self._update_device_state(deviceId, status["uid"], status["value"])
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyintesishome/pyintesishome.py", line 537, in _update_device_state
  ][value]
KeyError: 65535

my config looks like this:

climate:
  - platform: intesishome
    username: !secret intesishome_username
    password: !secret intesishome_password

Running under a hassio 0.103.6 install with pyintesishome v1.5 and the custom components in custom_components\intesishome

Anything else to be looking at or just wait and retry under 0.104?

Looks like you’ve got an old version of pyintesishome installed - try pip uninstall pyintesishome then pip install pyintesishome

Intesishome is now official in v0.104 :tada: Thanks all for your assistance and troubleshooting in getting it there

This means you can now remove Intesishome from custom_components!