IntesisHome WiFi AC Control

Hi!
I added the information to configuration.yaml after upgrading to 0.104 (Hassio on raspberry 3b+)

climate:
  - platform: intesishome
    username: YOUR_USERNAME
    password: YOUR_PASSWORD

Home assistant runs as always, but nothing else happened. No Inthesishome components was found.
Do you have any suggestion?

Hi @Vanna,

tray this;
edit the file

manifest.json

in

/config/custom_components/

and change

"requirements": ["pyintesishome==1.5"]

to

"requirements": ["pyintesishome==1.6"]

see if works

Hi, I’ve just added my Intesis controlled MHI Air conditioner to Home Assistant. I know this is now an standard integration, rather than third party. However, I was wondering if anyone had any examples of lovelace cards they have used? Ideally some type of glance card. I am currently using the “thermostat” entry but I am not a great fan of the big wheel thing

There is a custom thermostat card that is pretty good. Available in HACs or here

1 Like

@dgaust great, thank you :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed that the controls are working some of the time. I have the Intesishome wifi module for MHI air conditioner. When you load the Intesishome app, there is a small coloured button in the top right corner, if I press that button then it sends the command to the AC and works in the app. See attached screenshot.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and came up with any ideas/solutions?

I am guessing not many people are using the Intesis with a split MHI a/c & home assistant. Mine appears to work for changing fan speeds, but, the integration won’t turn the device on & off.

Here is the info it is getting in the states section:

hvac_modes: heat_cool,cool,heat,dry,fan_only,off
min_temp: 18
max_temp: 30
target_temp_step: 1
fan_modes: quiet,low,medium,high
swing_modes: off,vertical
current_temperature: 27
temperature: 24
fan_mode: quiet
swing_mode: vertical
vertical_vane: swing
horizontal_vane: null
outdoor_temp: 26
friendly_name: Device 22457144163
icon: mdi:snowflake
supported_features: 41

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to get the info / send the on & off command?

Sorry you’re having issues! Please try turning on debug logging for pyintesishome by adding the following to your configuration.yaml, restart Home Assistant and try to turn the device on and off (both from Home Assistant and from IntesisHome)

logger:
  logs:
    pyintesishome: debug

Then filter the relevant lines from the log file and flick them to me in a PM if you can.

grep pyintesishome ./homeassistant/home-assistant.log
1 Like

It seems my IntesisHome device is very sensitive to temperature, it shuts down when it goes over 40 degrees c, I had it in a cabinet with other tech gear it it wouldn’t connect, moved it outside the cabinet and it cools down and connects reliably. Manual says operating temperature is 0-40 degress, and it seems that isn’t recommended, it has a shutdown procedure built in.

ERROR 0: Unknown error in unit - Unit 65535.

Intesishome - Panasonic Aquarea

|Hostname|hassio|
Hassio on Raspberry 3B+
|System|HassOS 3.9|
V. 0.105.1
Hi,
I upgraded at 0.105.1, the error has changed as following:
(I’m using as integration, not custom_components)

2020-02-10 11:54:03 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] intesishome: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 304, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 459, in async_device_update
    await self.async_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/intesishome/climate.py", line 272, in async_update
    self._fan_speed = self._controller.get_fan_speed(self._device_id)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyintesishome/pyintesishome.py", line 594, in get_fan_speed
    return config_fan_map[fan_speed_int]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

I have a Panasonic Aquarea; it is a air to water heat pump. I can control from Intesishome:
state: on/off
outdoor temperature
mode: heat/cool
climate: eco/confort/powerful
termoshifts: ±5°
total energy consumption xkWh
There is not fan speed control, because every fan coil has its own fan control on it, and they are not integrated with the heat pump.

Any idea?
Thanks a lot!

Hi Vanna, firstly can you confirm if it has ever worked for you? I replied with a suggestion to edit the manifest file last month but didn’t hear if that fixed it.
To look into it further I’ll need to see the debug logs as is documented in my last post
Cheers

Hi jnimmo, I confirm it never worked.
When you suggested to update the manifest file, I saw it just some days before the 0.104 release, so I just waited to upgrade.
I’ve done the debug for pyintesishome and sent you the results.
Thanks in advance!
Vanna

After a lot of research I found out that intesishome is different from intesisbox (this confusion is reported by some people in different forums).

I would like to know, is there any way to open an intesishome port?

I bought any units intesishome (IS-IR-WIFI-1) and need work with FIBARO.

Not that I’m aware of sorry!

Thanks for persisting with trying to get it to work then! I’ll have a look at the debug you sent and work on a patch, unfortunately I hadn’t had a chance to test it with any devices which didn’t support controlling the fan speed.

Australia here and looking to install a new ducted aircon in my house, I noticed the Mitsubishi Heavy Industry’s use this Intensishome as their Wi-Fi adapter, does anyone know if this would be compatible with home assistant?

Yup, it works fine and is an included integration in the latest version now. I use it with a Fujitsu ducted system.

I’ve got the MHI split system with the addon wifi adapters. It is hit and miss if it gets the correct data. I wouldn’t recommend it if you are really wanting HA integration. It works well for some and not great for others.

@jnimmo has been trying to help though. I am just not sure which end the issue is

IntesisHome is a great unit for ducted aircon, and many people have been using this add-on for years. I’m not aware of any other ways to integrate these devices with HA. IntesisBox would give you the option for local control (i.e. without internet access) - but it doesn’t give you a mobile app, so for resale value I recommend the IntesisHome. (I haven’t put in the effort to get IntesisBox added to Home Assistant core yet so it will break occasionally with Home Assistant updates)
Make sure the unit is installed in an accessible place near your wireless AP.

FYI, I’m currently testing an update, if anyone minds trying it out would be keen for any feedback before I do a pull request.

This requires pyintesishome==1.7 so you’ll need to install it manually and do a --skip-pip to stop Home Assistant downgrading to v1.6