Introducing Home Assistant Cloud

Basically you connect to the cloud service, your HA instance connects to the cloud service, and your traffic gets ‘passed through’ after a bit of manipulating. … So no-one talks ‘to your HA instance’, but your HA-instance talks to the cloud service. … I hope that is as clear as mud. <>

1 Like

Hi, how to enable the Remote connection? Im on beta and I can’t find the option :frowning: thank u

Not sure if I should post here or start a new posting.

I have some advanced IOS notifications that send snap shots from my cameras to my Iphone when a event happens. Since going to beta and linked my HA to Home Assistant Cloud those notifications do not send the image from the cameras and I get a notification in HA saying there was a bad login from the IP of HA.

I assume there is something missing just cannot find it.

Anyone else having this same issue?

I remember for notify to work, that you need to validate your domain? So I think you still need to open a port

Does the remote connection just cover the user interface or the API endpoints as well? I’d been considering subscribing to HA Cloud when remote connection is enabled to avoid needing to forward ports, but I’d like to be able to configure custom Alexa intents which also needs the API endpoints to be available externally.

We will see torrmow when it gets released :wink:
Then you can do a trial and test out

Yes that will work too

Should the advanced IOS notifications work without opening any ports?

Can someone please help me. I had HA cloud and Google Assistant working well on a Raspberry Pi 3 running HassIO. I transferred my config to a NUC running HassIO but ever since I can’t get things to work with Google. HA cloud is allowing my remote login etc, the Hass.IO component links to the Google Home app and the app shows all my HA devices, however if I try to turn on a light (in the the Google Home app) for example it tries to turn it on, then the app goes back to showing it as off. HA shows the below error in the log:

homeassistant.exceptions.UnknownUser: UnknownUser
2019-06-25 16:12:02 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant.smart_home] Error handling message {‘inputs’: [{‘context’: {‘locale_language’: ‘en’}, ‘intent’: ‘action.devices.EXECUTE’, ‘payload’: {‘commands’: [{‘devices’: [{‘id’: ‘light.kitchen_light_level’}], ‘execution’: [{‘command’: ‘action.devices.commands.OnOff’, ‘params’: {‘on’: True}}]}]}}], ‘requestId’: ‘5863124065163189163’}: {‘errorCode’: ‘unknownError’}

Any ideas? Sorry to put this in the blog but no one is answering in the normal thread I created

Can you do a “sync my devices” command, to see if that’s successful

that succeeds, but the devices are not controllable

unlink the service, then do a sync (wait for devices really gone from home appà, then link service again? does that help?

I have done this multiple times. As a say, the devices are all there, I just cant control them with Google

Great news about home assistant cloud. may i know how to use. Is it needed any user name or password to get connected.

More details here. https://www.nabucasa.com/
signup to get 31 day free trial

1 Like

Any word on when an annual payment option will be launched? I contacted them through their website, but I haven’t heard back.

Or lifetime :wink: