Introducing Home Assistant Cloud

Agree with @aidbish
English is my third language and I (and tons of other members) had no issues on understanding that statement,
It would be better in future if you were more attentive and didn’t blame others.

I just signed up and paid for my first month. Is there a expected date for accessing hass from outside my network?

is there an update/eta so we can access our HA through this cloud, as mentioned on the website?

I was told on the 4th of February that it should be ready in 1 to 2 weeks.

care to elaborate, as there been no mention it being ready any time soon

I asked the same question in an email when discussing refunds.
The response:
“Yes, the code is finish and in the test phase. I think in 1-2 weeks it should be available.”

Cool, looking forward to it

i am verry interested in this cloud, but will it also offer an option for IFTTT? and how does it work?
will there be a IFTTT Webhook? like below, will it pe possible?

You can already do that. I’m still on .87 and verified it works. Basically you enable the IFTTT in the Integrations panel, the goto the Cloud menu, scroll down to webhooks, and IFTTT will be an option to enable. I don’t use IFTTT though, but it is there.

Yes, I am also using the new IFTTT webhooks, I was just wondering if it would be possible with ha cloud, I don’t want to expose my instance anymore

Are you abandoning Google Assistant integration and going to use cloud?

Yes , I will eventually , if everything is ready… Not for the features, but actually just for the donation to ha team

But not yet, will test the simulation issue first , I’ll keep you posted

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying. You can use Home Assistant Cloud for IFTTT webhooks which would use a nabu.casa url. Once the integration for IFTTT (local) webhooks is enabled, it opens up as an option in the Cloud section as well. Or am I misunderstanding what you want?

No, that’s what I wanted to know :wink:

Remote connection is now available as part of the Home Assistant 0.90.0 beta. It will be generally available in a week. Thanks for bearing with us while we got it all ready.

I would like to request that feedback (besides cheers) on the remote connection to be put in a new thread.

11 Likes

I will be testing. In the meantime. Woohoo and thankyou

That is great! Thank you.
Will try it out as soon as possible.

Going to test it also? Is 2FA also possible ? I have it now enabled on local instance

Using it now! Seems to be working well (in my 5 mins of testing).
Good work guys!