Invalid config for Automation: [View]

Hey all,

Since Hassbian is depreciated I’m trying to configure HASSIO using a RPI4. It’s a learning curve but so far so good with one exception. I’m working with 104.2.

I’m attempting to use…
automation: !include_dir_merge_list_automations/

I’ve used this before with Hassbian without any issue.

I have created a folder within the config folder called automations and have added several automation.yaml files. i.e. doors.yaml, windows.yaml, etc.

The first line within configuration.yaml is default_config:. I’m placing the
automation: !include_dir_merge_list_automations/ as the last line within configuration.yaml

When attempting to do a config check I get the following error that I do not understand.

Invalid config for [automation]: [view] is an invalid option for [automation]. Check: automation->view. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 291).

line 291 is where !include_dir_merge_list_automations/ is located.

I can insert automation: on line 291 and below that any automation that I’m working with and triggers just fine. For example I added several automations at the end of my configuration.yaml file that totaled about 1000 lines of code. Not ideal to manage.

I’ve looked over this sight, checked the home assistant how to split your configuration.yaml. https://www.home-assistant.io/doc!(upload://ig6HIbEZU3QxNRVPd6HiLjPgqcB.png) s/configuration/splitting_configuration/

Does anyone have any thoughts on what or where to begin as I’m stumped.