Invalid logins when trying to configure new devices

I currently have the following problem with homeassistant 0.111.0 o HassOS 4.10:
I can successfully log into lovelace and under Notifications I get a message “New devices discovered”.
When I want to “Check it out” and then “Configure” said device, I am again prompted for my credentials and am unable to log in. I only get “Username and/or password are incorrect”. My username and password are definitely correct, as I am able to log into the web interface.

I deleted all my refresh tokens and tried this on Firefox as well as Chromium, unsuccessfully.

The logs show he failed login attempts when I try to configure the new device:
2020-06-14 21:43:24 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.ban] Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from 192.168.230.22
2020-06-14 21:43:51 WARNING (SyncWorker_9) [deletedforprivacy] login failed 0000000000000000

At the same time, an update seems to be available from 0.111.0 to 0.111.2, yet when I click Update nothing happens.
(This is the first time that the Update does not work for me since the last one a couple of days ago and I did not change anything since then.)

Any ideas?

Here to answer my own question:
My mistake was trying to use my homeassistant credentials for the device to integrate. It turns out that I had to use credentials for the device, instead.