"invalid mount config for type bind" when using devcontainer on win10

Hi, I would like to build some custom components, and I am trying to use the devcontainer build on Win10 using VSCode Insider, following the development instructions.

I can successfully build and debug the Microsoft devcontainer examples.
But when I try the hass build, I get the following error:

Run: docker run -a STDOUT -a STDERR -p 127.0.0.1:8123:8123 --mount type=bind,source=c:/Users/piete/source/repos/home-assistant,target=/workspaces/home-assistant,consistency=consistent -l vsch.quality=insider -l vsch.remote.devPort=0 -l vsch.local.folder=c:\Users\piete\source\repos\home-assistant -e GIT_EDITOR="code --wait" --entrypoint /bin/sh vsc-home-assistant-c06b6285201d0567803091b02ebe1eeb -c echo Container started ;  while sleep 1; do :; done
C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Resources\bin\docker.exe: Error response from daemon: invalid mount config for type "bind": stat /host_mnt/c/Users/piete/source/repos/home-assistant: input/output error.
See 'C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Resources\bin\docker.exe run --help'.
Failed: Starting the development container
Command failed: C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Resources\bin\docker.exe run -a STDOUT -a STDERR -p 127.0.0.1:8123:8123 --mount type=bind,source=c:/Users/piete/source/repos/home-assistant,target=/workspaces/home-assistant,consistency=consistent -l vsch.quality=insider -l vsch.remote.devPort=0 -l vsch.local.folder=c:\Users\piete\source\repos\home-assistant -e GIT_EDITOR="code --wait" --entrypoint /bin/sh vsc-home-assistant-c06b6285201d0567803091b02ebe1eeb -c echo Container started ;  while sleep 1; do :; done

I compared the msft examples, and they do not use docker run, they use exec.

I found some google references to path conversion issues, but since the dev docs says Windows and VSCode is supported, I suspect the problem is elsewhere.

I am running from a forked dev, win10 10.0.18362.356, docker desktop 2.1.0.3, VSCode 1.39.0 insider user, remote containers 0.77.0.

Any ideas?

I just tried master, and that works, maybe something in the dev branch.

Any pointers on where to next for devcontainer?
I can run tasks, and I see the output, and can access the web console, but the debugger is not active.
How do I start a debugging session and trigger on breakpoints in the devcontainer environment?

Wanted to give the container a try today and facing the same issue. Switching to master did not solve the issue for me. Maybe using Docker Toolbox (I just have Win10 Home) plays a role. Anyways, just want to bump the thread to notifiy this issue still exists under some circumstances.