'Invalid username or password' with Safari only

I got so frustrated with this problem that I took the nuclear option and erased the entire Pi SD card and started again, installed HA from scratch. Logged in successfully the first time using http://homeassistant.local:8123/ and breathed a sigh of relief. Went for lunch, came back and all I get on Safari is “Invalid username or password”. Chrome logs in fine, the iOS app logs in fine, but Safari won’t.

I’ve cleared the history, removed HA from the “manage website data” screen and made sure that there are no content blockers anywhere.

There seems to be quite a few people who’ve had similar problems and I’ve tried everything that I’ve found.

Somebody help me please!

2 Likes

Hi, I am heaving the same issue as you. I did the same things you did, except starting over again.
I tried trusted_networks auth_providers option, that way it does not asks for password, only username, that way I could access my HA.
As a temporary solution I use chrome.
Please if anyone has any info on the topic, or any idea We could try, would be great to hear.

I’ve finally discovered elsewhere that the problem occurs when using iCloud Keychain to autofill. If you delete the last few characters of the username and type them back in and then do the same with the password HA logs in fine. This is the only url I’ve ever found that autofills with Keychain, but then won’t actually login despite both the username and password being correct.

Very odd and really it should be corrected in a future version.

6 Likes

I can confirm that this happens to me as well using 1Password on Safari on IPhone. The suggestions of deleting a few characters and typing it back solved it.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue and also saw several posts on Reddit reporting the same, unfortunately no fix that I have seen.

I can also confirm it happens with bitwarden on Safari on iphone. I spent over an hour trying to link my Alexa skill and getting invalid username or password message. I’m glad this post was here to help me get past the message.

1 Like

I can also confirm it happens with bitwarden on FireFox on Windows. I’m glad this post was here to help me get past the message.

This worked!