Iolloi - new distributor of zigbee switches.. any experiences?

Hi folks, I’m surprised that I haven’t found a single mention of iolloi. Is this a new manufacturer?

We’re renovating our apartment and I want to go the dumb bulbs + smart switches route.

Dimming is pretty important to my SO. Ubisys is the only only player here as far as I can tell. But I ran across iolloi:

Does anyone have any experience with them? They aren’t listed as supported by zigbee2mqtt nor ZHA.

Note: I’m based in the EU so focused on products available and suited to the EU market.

I just bought one, arrives tomorrow, so will post a review once I’ve given it a go. I use Lightwave RF at the moment and their switches look cool but I’ve been frustrated with them because:

• Bloody expensive (£60 for single gang, £100 for 2-gang)
  • Slow dimming speed when holding the button
  • Uncontrollable dimming speed when setting brightness remotely
  • Non-linear dimming
  • Needs a hub
1 Like

Looking forward to your review. It’ll be another month yet before I start deciding which components I want to use in our new flat.

To be honest, at first I was excited to use in-wall modules, but I think we’ll really miss being able to adjust color temperature. So now I’m looking for a way to have proper wall switches that control smart lights (anyways that’s getting OT for this thread).

Price wise these lolloi are between the tuya and the much more expensive Ubisys.

Hi Casey - that’s interesting. The only tuya one I’ve heard of is this which people are saying may not be flashable:

There’s samotech which is zigbee and seems to have good reviews but I can’t find any stock:

I hadn’t come across Ubisys but that looks like in-wall stuff. I did use in-wall in my first gen smart home setup but it’s so hard to fit them behind my switches that I gave up and vowed to use only all in one units.

Ah, yea I was talking about in-wall units (for both tuya and ubisys). Sorry for the confusion.

I haven’t looked into an all-in-one solution yet. Can you post a link to the lolloi product you bought?

Right, you even linked to an in-wall unit in the OP :man_facepalming:. Well I guess our use cases aren’t that different.

I installed the iolloi and it’s great. Wrote up a review here: