iOS 12, 13, or 14 - "Error while loading page lovelace"

Hi nice folks,

It’s been handy having my iPad mini 3 running iOS 12.5.7 on my desk to monitor all the stuff on my dashboard.

I’m currently getting an “Error while loading page lovelace” in the App AND the Browser since I updated to 2024.6.1. When the (understandable and justified) dropping of support for iOS 12, 13 & 14 was announced it was suggested that the browser would keep working Companion app for iOS 2023.12: Let’s go! - Home Assistant

Maybe not?

Just looking for confirmation that the core issue is iOS 12’s Safari (not the app itself) - or better yet - someone’s clever work around :wink:

Maybe it’s just bad HTML tolerated better elsewhere, but I’d appreciate others’ experience before I explore dead ends.

I have the same problem for quite some time and have not been able to resolve it.
I ended up accessing the dashboard via vnc that connected to a docker container which runs Firefox.
Not elegant, not what I would like to see - but it works.

Problem has already been reported Error while loading page lovelace. on 2024.6.0 was fixed #20741 previously · Issue #21004 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

1 Like