iOS 16.4 Dev Beta 2 Notification Attachments

Seems to be an issue with attachments in Notifications when using iOS 16.4 (beta 1 and beta 2).

The below service doesnt deliver anything, remove the image data i get my basic title and message notification.

service: notify.mobile_app_iphone
data:
  title: TESTING NOTIFICATION
  data:
    image: >-
      https://github.com/home-assistant/assets/blob/9b782fe562cbd4e6139f9be17d8e7befafa5f945/logo/logo.png?raw=true

Known iOS 16, watchOS 9, macOS 13 issues · Issue #2148 · home-assistant/iOS · GitHub

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the above notification now works. Will monitor my other automations.

You make my day. I spend 3 hours with evaluation why notification with images are not running on my iphone… I just bult testing automation only for that and search for any log or error. Thanks. I will try on my wife iphone who is running iOS 16.3.

Is this working on your wife?

I have noticed image attachments working when I’m off my network. I can’t work out why.

This is a bug in the local push extension. I think the root cause is an Apple bug. If they do not fix it fir the public release I think I may be able to work around it.

1 Like

Looks like it’s still broken in the 16.4 release bummer

Updated yesterday my iphone to 16.4 public and now the same problem.
On wifi it is not working on mobile network it’s working.

On my ipad that is on 16.4 too it’s still working.

I got it 1 time working after deleting the home assistant app on my iphone and reinstall it, but after that one time in did not work anymore.
Hopefully there comes a solution.

Seeing the same thing as well after updating to 16.4. Glad I found this thread, I was rather baffled this morning when I didn’t get notifications from my security cameras and saw nothing in the logs indicating there was a problem.

As workaround for now you can disable local push in the internal url in the companion app.

2 Likes

Same here and in fact only works without the local push.

So glad I found this thread. Thank you guys! I almost butchered my automations trying to fix this!