iOS 16 Home Theme

All great ideas. Unfortunately as I’m not a programmer a lot of this will be out of my scope. Primarily my aim is making a dashboard that I want to use, hence building in lots of personalisation options isn’t much of a priority for me. I’m actually mainly working on automatically generating pages with an intent to eventually make a completely self-generating dashboard. I might have to make my own cards from scratch rather than leaning on button-card in which case I will try to implement your suggestions!

OK - I had this working and did a few things and now…

I can’t get it back!

Can someone post the snippet from their configuration.yaml on adding the dashboard. I mean - mine is there but I wonder if I’ve done something different this time round!

My current problem is the “room” buttons don’t seem to work anymore, they bring me to the default “Overview” dashboard instead!

EDIT: I am an idiot, I didn’t use the exact same name (typo!) - so the area and navigate home cards weren’t setup correctly I think. It seemed to take a restart or two to kick in though!

And because it’s annoying when people don’t post solutions:

Here’s the configuration.yaml customisation I have right now (happy for tips to improve!):

I have the storage reference as I think it means you don’t need to load in any custom cards (like button cards using the url / resource combo!).

lovelace:
  mode: storage
  dashboards:
    dashboard-home:
      mode: yaml
      title: Home
      filename: dashboard.yaml
      show_in_sidebar: true

So my dashboard.yaml file is in the config folder and I have the views and cards folders also included. Then my dashboard.yaml file has the below content:

button_card_templates: !include_dir_merge_named cards/

title: Home
background: center / cover no-repeat fixed url('https://img.wallpapersafari.com/desktop/1920/1080/17/26/i2OY8K.jpg')

views: !include_dir_list views/

Finally, the area.yaml card was updated on line 8: (two indents)

navigation_path: '[[[ return "/dashboard-home/" + variables.path ]]]'

and the navigate_home card on line 6:

navigation_path: /dashboard-home/home
1 Like

Hey man,

thanks for your effort. Unfortunately the cards are not exactly in the middle of my phone. On my iPhone 12 Pro max there is some little space on the right side. On my wife iPhone 12 mini there is even only one row instead of 2. I have attached some pictures. What can i do to fix this? Gues that’s somewhere in the code but i have no clue where to be honest. Thanks.

And here a screenshot of my 12 pro max.

Not sure if this project is still alive and anybody is reading this? Anyway, the person chip at the top shows “all away” all the time. Doesn’t matter if anybody is at home or not. Configuered a group vie yaml in the configuration.yaml to display the presence, with no luck.

Thx for the nice theme. It’s working fine. There’s one annoying issue that i have. Everytime i login via the web/ios app i need to click reftresh with the 3dots (above right) otherwise the dashboard stays black. Someone got an idea how to solve this?

edit:
It’s something with the navigation path. I’m using the default ui.lovelace.yaml file someone an idea how to configure the navigation_path?

edit2:
when visible is true it’s working, only the buttons are now on the top, but i can live with that

Hello fastender, how you get the mushroomcards with the white background depending on the state to work??? Best Regards:-)

@ fastender how you get the mushromm cards with white background depending on the state to work? Best Regards:-)

Something like this; it would still have to be modified

card_mod:
  style: |
    {% if is_state('light.arbeitszimmer_deckenleuchte','on') %}
      ha-card {
        --ha-card-background: var(--yellow);
      }           
    {% else %}        
      ha-card {
        --ha-card-background: var(--contrast2);
        color: var(--primary-color);
      }