IOS actionable notifications only work when app open?

I have created an actionable notification to turn my sonos alarm off and on triggerred by bank holiday and annual leave sensors.

It works… but only if ios settings are as below AND the app is running on my phone

This is my code in config.yaml

ios:
  push:
    categories:
      - name: bankholidayalarm
        identifier: 'alarm'
        actions:
          - identifier: 'SONOS_ALARM_OFF'
            title: 'Alarm off'
            activationMode: 'foreground'
            authentificationRequired: yes
            destructive: false       
            behaviour: 'default'      
          - identifier: 'SONOS_ALARM_ON'
            title: 'Alarm on'
            activationMode: 'foreground'
            authentificationRequired: yes
            destructive: true

If the app is not running and I trigger the automation I receive the notification, click the required response, the app requests verification and the app opens as expected but nothing happens i.e. sonos alarm status hasn’t changed. There are no errors in the logs its like the ios event doesn’t fire so I’m thinking maybe this is normal behaviour if the app isnt open??

If I change activationMode to background nothing happens either, apart from when I open the app it has broken the connection to the ios component altogether. Hit save its restored but the actions aren’t carried out.

Since all the searching on this forum and in the docs nearly everyone has set activationMode to background I am wondering what else I am missing.

I have checked the settings in my ios app and background app refresh is on.

I have also ensured that when I have changed my ios config, I have rebooted HA and updated the push settings on my phone.

Any help please I am about to give up on it

I think you need to change activationMode: 'foreground' into activationMode: 'background
That setting works for me anyway

No that doesn’t work either.

I just changed my config to this:

ios:
  push:
    categories:
      - name: bankholidayalarm
        identifier: 'alarm'
        actions:
          - identifier: 'SONOS_ALARM_OFF'
            title: 'Alarm off'
            activationMode: 'background'
            authentificationRequired: false
            destructive: false       
          - identifier: 'SONOS_ALARM_ON'
            title: 'Alarm on'
            activationMode: 'background'
            authentificationRequired: false
            destructive: true

Same thing happens only works if the app is running. If its not running alarm status doesnt change and when I open the app it says the ios component is not connected. I hit save it connects the ios component. Works fine until I fire another actionable notification

What have you got set for your notifications in ios settings? I have this

Show previews also set to always

Settings are identical

Then I’m not sure. Check my config and see if you can find anything obvious:

Thanks. I will have a look and try some changes over the weekend see if that works

Update:

So spent Saturday getting my HASSIO onto HASSOS and onto the latest 0.76 release from 0.75. The actionable notifications are now working perfectly. Was easily able to test since its a bank holiday here in UK. Havent changed any other settings. Strange but at least its all now working as it should

Thanks for trying to help