iOS Actions: show_in_carplay and show_in_watch not working?

I should start by saying I’ve had a handful of Actions configured in configuration.yaml and working well via iPhone for a couple of years.

With the release of the CarPlay integration–and since I got an Apple Watch–I’ve been interested in filtering those Actions so that some show up in CarPlay, and others in the Watch. When I first configured HA on the Watch, all of the Actions were available in the app. They’re also all available in CarPlay. They were always available on the iPhone by holding down the HA icon, which was my original goal before CP and the Watch were in the picture.

Now… I’ve added to configuration.yaml the lines I’m seeing from the HA docs here to filter which Actions show where… and HA is telling me the configuration is wrong. I can’t restart with this config. So, I did a direct copy-paste from the docs above into ios: and replaced my entire configuration… and I get the same error. Any ideas why?

ios:
  actions:
    - name: Fred
      background_color: "#000000"
      label:
        text: "Hello, World"
        color: "#ff0000"
      icon:
        icon: earth
        color: "#ffffff"
      show_in_carplay: false
      show_in_watch: true

If I comment out the show_in_carplay and show_in_watch lines, everything checks out and I can restart.

Not sure, but sorta poked around in the code and I don’t think those are actually in the code:

"""Const for iOS."""

DOMAIN = "ios"

CONF_ACTION_NAME = "name"
CONF_ACTION_BACKGROUND_COLOR = "background_color"
CONF_ACTION_LABEL = "label"
CONF_ACTION_LABEL_COLOR = "color"
CONF_ACTION_LABEL_TEXT = "text"
CONF_ACTION_ICON = "icon"
CONF_ACTION_ICON_COLOR = "color"
CONF_ACTION_ICON_ICON = "icon"
CONF_ACTIONS = "actions"

Nothing about carplay or watch, so hmmm maybe an issue.

For what its worth, looks like these can be configured in the companion app directly for the given action using on/off slider.

I’m seeing the same thing:

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: config.py:1258
First occurred: 5:37:34 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:37:34 PM

Invalid config for 'ios' at ios.yaml, line 10: 'show_in_carplay' is an invalid option for 'ios', check: ios->actions->0->show_in_carplay, please check the docs at https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/ios Invalid config for 'ios' at ios.yaml, line 11: 'show_in_watch' is an invalid option for 'ios', check: ios->actions->0->show_in_watch, please check the docs at https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/ios

My config is:

actions:
  - name: Turn on spa extractor
    background_color: "#000000"
    label:
      text: "Spa extractor"
      color: "#ff0000"
    icon:
      icon: fan
      color: "#ffffff"
    show_in_carplay: true
    show_in_watch: true

Commenting out 'show in carplay: true' removes the error.

This thread really got me interested in this since I use CarPlay extensively. If it’s the repository HERE then it looks like the CarPlay stuff is in pre-release:

I’m very interested in how to implement this. The docs make it seem like you have to build and then publish the app on the store to get it to your device and CarPlay.

I’m interested - did show_in_watch work for you? Because I got an error unless I commented out both lines.

Thanks.

The error went but no show in the watch or in synchronised actions.

Still facing issues to get a config added into configuration.yaml to be visible in the companion app on my iphone.
What i want is to have 2 created automation accessible via the companion app / car play screen… so far i cant get it working

Actually, if I could just have a “Favorites” screen in HA CarPlay that it defaults to and shows elements of my selection (covers, scenes, actions, etc.) it would be all I need. I’d rather have a screen with garage door buttons that show status than an Action that doesn’t.

As it is, it’s a couple of taps to get to the garage doors… which is still vastly better than no HA CarPlay at all.

This time I actually check the developer branch of HA and I now see carplay and watch show up for the ios integration code, so my guess is that this issue will be fixed in the next release of Core:

"""Const for iOS."""

DOMAIN = "ios"

CONF_ACTION_NAME = "name"
CONF_ACTION_BACKGROUND_COLOR = "background_color"
CONF_ACTION_LABEL = "label"
CONF_ACTION_LABEL_COLOR = "color"
CONF_ACTION_LABEL_TEXT = "text"
CONF_ACTION_ICON = "icon"
CONF_ACTION_ICON_COLOR = "color"
CONF_ACTION_ICON_ICON = "icon"
CONF_ACTIONS = "actions"
CONF_ACTION_SHOW_IN_CARPLAY = "show_in_carplay"
CONF_ACTION_SHOW_IN_WATCH = "show_in_watch"

Its actually out and has been available for a few days now.