iOS app is very unstable (for tracking people) and crashes

Hi there,

I have implemented the HA app on 5 devices in our family. I like the idea of using the HA app instead of 3. party integrations like OwnTracks.

But, I must say that the result is a bit disappointing.

Location tracking is very unstable, right now I am shown as “Away” even though I have been home for the last 12 hours - I then sent a push to the phone to request location update, and my location was updated.

The app itself crashes when it connects to my HassIO server, I am not sure why - but that could be related to the weak location tracking ?

I can start the app, go into settings and if I then press “Save” on the already filled out server info, the app crashes.

Is there anyway I can figure out what is going on ? Any logs somewhere ?

Sad to come here and see no replies.
I just got around to setting up ios GPS tracking, only to learn that its unusable.

I can push a location update and it will say I’m home (sitting in the couch) 20mins later I’m “away” again
I thought maybe adding the MAC ID from the phone (unifi tracker) to the phone in Known devices would make a difference. but since recently fewer and fewer integrations supports that.

Only solution is making a Bayesian sensor, but that will only fix it for ‘home’

It is working fine for me for over 8 months. Did you try the 2.0 version of the app? It is much better although still in beta.