iOS battery level and state

Can somebody please help me?

Me and my GF both have iphones. For my phone, entities were made - 1 for battery level and another 1 for battery state. But for girlfriend’s iphone level and batteries simply multiply…

and i dont know why? How can i stop this and how can i delete these unused (anymore) entities?

thank you for help.

See if there are duplicate entries in known_devices.yaml

this is my known devices yaml:

it seems that mqtt server makes 2 users and ios makes 2 users - which are apperantly the same devices?

I’m seeing the same problem. recently installed Home Assistant on my wife’s iPhone. Somehow seeing 3 icons / states for her battery state… also, not sure if related, but her location is showing as away, even after pushing the location to HA (and no errors, as far as I can tell)

known_devices.yml

my_iphone:
  hide_if_away: false
  icon:
  mac:
  name: my iphone
  picture:
  track: true
  vendor:
wife_iphone:
  hide_if_away: false
  icon:
  mac:
  name: wife iphone
  picture:
  track: true
  vendor:

looks like the problem was related to the iPhone app’s Device ID. It can’t have spaces and should match the value in the known_devices … setting it to, e.g. wife_iphone instead of Wife iPhone fixed it.

To clean-up the weird states, I had to delete the home-assistant_v2.db file unfortunately (maybe there’s a nicer way to clean it, but I couldn’t find any).

I am having the same issue where my iPhone is showing 3 times.

It only appears once in known_devices.yaml and I have tried changing the apps device ID to both the neilsiphone6s identifier and the friendly name.

I have also tried removing the home-assistant_v2.db and restarting but the incorrect entries persist.

Any ideas on how I can remove the additional items?

There is a hidden file called .ios.conf you can try deleting that or editing and letting it rebuild.

this fixed it for me:

remove the file “~/.homeassitant/.ios.conf”

then open the iOS app, hit the up arrow to update your location (on each iPhone).

restart HA.