iOS camera notification - no image

Hi,
I am struggling to fix something that used to work for a long time.
When I have a motion detected under the front porch I send an ios notification to our phones with the camera image (snapshot in the notification and live stream on 3d touch) and a button to unlock the door straight from the notification.
About 2 weeks ago we have been logged out of the ios home assistant app on our phone and since we logged in again we cannot get the camera image (no snapshot and black square instead of live feed).
I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app (multiple times) deleting my mobile app integration before relogin but the result is still the same.
Did I forget to setup something in the app itself ? I can see the notifications sync categories in the app settings, notification permissions are enabled… I let it rest and came back some few days later to try again… I’m just out of things to try now.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

A very simple example of service I am calling:

service: notify.mobile_app_xyz_iphone

data:
  attachment:
    content-type: jpeg
  push:
    category: camera
  entity_id: camera.front_porch

OK. It’s working today… I just don’t know why it was not the few past days…

I am trying to do exactly what you are doing and was wondering if you could share your code for this. I have Blue Iris integration and Hikvision cameras.

Thanks

Hi @ando1,
Check my 2nd post in that thread, you pretty much have all it here.
You can create an automation that’s triggered on whatever you want (motion sensor detection for example) and add that piece of yaml as an action. You just need to change the entoity_id to you camera entity.

I am still having some hiccups recently with that (the image and camera not always work with the notification). I’ll see if 0.115 fixes the problem.

Good luck!

data:
  attachment:
  push:
    category: camera
  entity_id: camera.front_porch

I’m having the same problem w/ 115.x. it seems to have started after the UG from 114, though I can’t be sure. notifications work, but no image. At first I thought it was Nabu Casa. but then I found even a public image doesn’t work.

It couldn’t be more simple than this

data:
  attachment:
    url: >-
      https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/stock/how-to/visual-reverse-image-search/jcr_content/main-pars/image/visual-reverse-image-search-v2_intro.jpg

Ok, it happens on 0.114.4 as well. Perhaps it’s the iOS app?

Anyone else seeing this problem? Or am I doing something wrong? Happy to open a PR, but I’d like confirmation others see the same thing.

Try getting rid of that first “data:” but only because you are doing it from the services page…

data:
  attachment:
    url: "https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-assets/blob/master/logo-round-192x192.png?raw=true"
    content-type: png
    hide-thumbnail: false

in an automation it should have:

action:
      service: notify.mobile_app_<your_device_id_here>
      data:
        data:
          attachment:
            url: "https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-assets/blob/master/logo-round-192x192.png?raw=true"
            content-type: png
            hide-thumbnail: false

Nope, I get the msg, no attachment. Same issue. Do you get an image ?

The url pulls up the image No problem, so I know it’s accessible.

EDIT:
I just updated the iOS app, now I don’t even get a message on the iPhone… Home assistant works on the app both locally and through natural casa, and it’s logged in. I even restarted everything. This is true both on my iPad and iPhone. No notifications at all. Nothing in the log on the devices either.

I’ll have to dig deeper when the sun comes up.

Jeff

Yes I did, weird
Maybe restart your phone? I had an issue a few weeks ago randomly not getting my pictures but I was still on iOS 14 beta at the time.

ok, here’s how I got it working again. I had to REMOVE both of these integrations and add them back:

All working ok now.

Still very random for me. It will work sometime and not other times… Did not find any consistent pattern yet.
Did remove and re-added the integrations without success.

after about an half year im also still struggeling with videos sometimes working sometimes not. been a the point to think about bandwith limitation of my internet access but the videos are about 800kb of size. Does anyone has found a solution for this issue yet?

Greetings