iOS Critical Notifications not appearing during DND

Not sure if this is an iOS app issue or HA, but notifications flagged as critical do not appear on the phone while in Do Not Disturb mode. I’m testing using the example from the HA website (below). I’m running HA v0.91.3 and iOS assistant app v1.5.1. Am I missing something?

automations:
  - alias: 'Fire Detected'
    trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: sensor.test_alarm
      to: 'on'
    action:
    - service: notify.ios_my_iphone
      data:
        title: "Wake up!"
        message: "The house is on fire and the cat's stuck in the dryer!"
        data:
          push:
            sound:
              name: default
              critical: 1
              volume: 1.0

This is mine and it works fine. Looks like you are missing category: "alarm"

########## Home to Work Days ##########

alias: Home to Work Days 
  initial_state: true
  trigger:
    platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.neil_home_to_work
    above: 70
  condition:
    - condition: time
      after: '05:00'
      before: '08:00'
    - condition: state
      entity_id: input_boolean.days
      state: 'on' 
  action:
    service: notify.ios_neil
    data_template:
        title: "Traffic Alert - Home to Work Days"
        message: "Current travel time is {{ states.sensor.neil_home_to_work.state }} minutes"
        data:
          push:
            category: "alarm"
            sound:
              critical: 1
              name: default
              volume: 1.0 # 0.0 to 1.0

Thanks @BertrumUK for your response. Adding the category: “alarm” makes no difference, the notification does not pop up, but is there on the home page when you wake the phone. Does yours work even from sleep?

I guess you have critical alerts enabled on the app?

Mine is only used for traffic alerts to and from work so DND is enabled when driving. Not tried it in any other mode.

1 Like

Whoa, I don’t have that option. Looks likes you’re running the new beta version of the app.

It’s only available in version 2.0. This is an open beta so look in the forum for a link for TestFlight so you can install it.

Get it here

Will do, thanks for your help.

1 Like

Did you define the category « alarm » under ios: push: or is this a core category?
Can’t find it in the doc

There were no real good docs for this when I set it up - I found it in someone else’s Github page but cannot remember where.

There was no setting up apart from adding what I wrote further up in this thread. You do need to be running the iOS 2.0 beta app and enable critical alerts.

I’ve found the documentation:
https://companion.home-assistant.io/en/next/notifications/actionable

category: “alarm” # Needs to match the top level identifier you used in the ios configuration

So I think that you can remove this line if you do not have the category defined under ios: in your configuration file.

Also, documentation about critical notifications here: https://companion.home-assistant.io/en/next/notifications/critical

Ok thanks. As I said, the documentation was limited then and once I had got it working there was no need to change it.

Note you must be on v2.0 beta of iOS app or it won’t work.