iOS Device Tracking Hijacked by Router

I have the Netgear device tracker enabled along with iOS device tracking. When I’m away from home, the iOS device tracker works just fine, but when I’m home and connected to Wifi, the Netgear device tracker hijacks my location unless I have the iOS app open on my iPhone.

This is less than ideal because my router location services is very inconsistent and shows me as away from home periodically because of known issues with the iPhone’s wifi dropping off periodically. I tried disabling the netgear device tracker, but the iOS app isn’t adding my device to “known_devices.yaml”.

Anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to create a duplicate device in my known devices.yaml for the iOS app that I can use independent of the router device? I could get rid of my router device tracker all together, but I’d prefer to keep it to track my wife’s iPhone which seems to have a much more consistent behavior as far as the location compared to my iphone.

change the name in the IOS app to something new. Then you can use both the IOS app and the router tracker.

Thanks for the suggestion. This sort of worked. In addition to renaming my device in the iOS app, i also had to delete the ios.yaml config file, delete the ios app on my iphone and then re-install the app. Once I did that, the ios.yaml file was recreated and the new device showed up in the “states” section on the front-end of HA. I then added my device to my groups.yaml file and it displays properly on the front end, however, for some reason the device is not showing up in my known_devices.yaml, so I can’t customize it. I tried to manually add it to the known_devices.yaml, but that ended up removing my new ios device tracker entirely.

Is there anyway to customize the device icon and photo of the new iOS device tracker if the device isn’t showing up in the device_tracker.yaml file? This is what my device currently looks like in the front end: