IOS devices not getting push id

I’m trying to get ios notifications working.

I think my issue is that the “PUSH ID” is not filling in when using the home assistant app.
I have ios: discovery: in my configuration. I have enabled the IOS integration and data seems to be filling in the battery sensor for example.
However, in services there are no notify. services that I can call.

This is in the startup log:
[homeassistant.components.notify.ios] The notify.ios platform was loaded but no devices exist!

I have tried re-installing the app in each of the devices. Pushes do populate the .ios.conf entries but no push id shows up.

Anything I haven’t tried?

[ solution: Upgrate to 0.88, do a complete reset of the data, and the reset the ios app ]

I have had this before. Make sure that in the ios app you have the three ticks marked in the settings screen.

I do on all the devices … one thing I forgot to mention is that I’m using Internal URL. Looking at the code it shouldn’t make a difference but something to note. My HA isn’t exposed to the internet just through Casa.

Have you tried, in the app settings, go to Notification settings and choose ‘Update push settings’?

Have you tried to update push settings under notification settings?

Yes, responds with “Settings imported” Push settings imported from Home Assistant".

When does the push id get generated because looking at the .ios.conf it isn’t set in HA:

"iphone_8": {
  "app": {
    "buildNumber": 34,
    "bundleIdentifer": "io.robbie.HomeAssistant",
    "versionNumber": "1.5.0"
  },
  "battery": {
    "level": 93,
    "state": "Unplugged"
  },
  "device": {
    "localizedModel": "iPhone",
    "model": "iPhone",
    "name": "iPhone 8",
    "permanentID": "7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx4",
    "systemName": "iOS",
    "systemVersion": "12.1.3",
    "type": "iPhone 8"
  },
  "deviceId": "iphone_8",
  "lastSeenAt": "2019-02-16T11:56:16.811972",
  "permissions": [
    "notifications",
    "location"
  ],
  "pushSounds": [],
  "pushToken": "This space intentionally left blank"
}

Can you try changing your device ID to something like iPhone8, to remove the _?

After this close the app, reopen it and check if your pushID appears above pushSounds in .ios.conf.

It created a new entry, I now have a “iphone8”: { … } block in .ios.conf as well as a “iphone_8” block. Still no push id though.

Have you enabled notifications in iOS for the Home Assistant companion app?

Yes, without it you couldn’t push it’s after that you enable it you see notification menu to push.

Last time I reinstalled the app, I had to reboot Home Assistant to get notifications back to working state…

Restarted now … restarted the app … nothing. Searching around it looks like the “push server certificate had expired” a while back. Exactly the same issue. Seems doubtful that it would expire again in less than a year but is that possible?

Same issue here. No Push ID, no notification. Nothing in the logs.

Same here. I just recently moved my installation onto a raspberry pi (Home assistant version 0.87.1). I did the mistake and reset the iOS App because of a new server domain. Since then I don’t get a push id.

I’m on docker, and by mistake when I restarted HA I upgraded to 0.87.1 … I usually wait a couple of days before upgrading.

I had issues with this yesterday. Here’s what I did.

1. STOP Home Assistant (I did it through ssh)
  2. Delete .ios.conf file
  3. Delete known_devices.yaml (mine only had ios devices)
  4. Looked in files in .storage and removed any ios devices… make sure you don’t break json.

On the devices, reset the app.

Now I also removed ios integration before I stopped home assistant and I removed ios: from config.yaml and I even deleted the app altogether (this ensures you get a new push I’d BTW)

I’m not 100% sure this was ALL necessary but then I restarted (via ssh) home assistant and verified everything remained gone!

Then added back ios: to config yaml and restarted.

Configured app again.

Update the push settings in the app and my notification settings for iPhone and iPad work.

This is scorched earth for ios but it fixed it for me.

Did all that … even wiped out the influxdb to make sure no record of the ios devices existed. Still no push code.

It’s not working for me either. I’ve try everything but I can’t get the Push ID.

Is everyone having issues on 0.87.1?

I have the same problem both in 0.88.0b1 and 0.87.1 (clean install with docker, only change is that I enabled “ios” and “notify” in the configuration). Same behaviour on a clean install with the app reset and reinstalled, tried both the App Store app (1.5.0) and the beta (1.5.1).