IOS devices not getting push id

I run localy but have set a HTTP password.

I’ve tried the steps by @DavidFW1960 again and still nothing.

Opening an issue now.

1 Like

Same here. Have tried all but no luck.

Subscribe to: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/21180 to get updates via the issue.

Just in case you’re not familiar with github – if you’re situation is already covered by previous messages just click “Subscribe” on the right side, no need to have a ton of “me too” messages in the message track.

Yes I do. I use Duckdns and LetsEncrypt

Sorry for breaking in. I have notifications working but I am looking for help with actionable notifications on my iPhone. I have tried checking everything but I do not seem to resolve it. It seems that there are knowledgeable people here ;). I would appreciate any help.

I just dashed my own hopes that this was due to some new requirement that HA has to be https accessible. I enable HTTPS and went through the process again and still no push id.

Strangely after trying all the suggestions here, including the scorched earth version the thing that finally worked was leaving the house ( being off my local WiFi network)

Both my and my wife’s push ID opulated immediately when “update push settings” was pressed.

I don’t know if this is because of being outside the firewall, or if it is because I had device_tracker running against my unify controller ( which populates about 40 devices into known_devices.yaml immediately whenever home-assistant starts) but whichever, I suggest if you are having this problem to turn off WiFi and use CELL service (mobile wireless) or get outside the firewall some other way and see if that helps.

(Admittedly 60 minutes had passed when I tried outside the firewall… so maybe something else happened on that time)

@Bruce0 It was solved https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-iOS/issues/221.

@junior466 thank-you. But what was the fix? The issue 221 does not specify.

FYI the force restart didn’t work for me, I did it several times, and even rebooted the iphone.

Iphone x - home-assistant 0.87.1

I had to stop Home Assistant completely, delete the iOS config file and restart.

The issue has now been outlined by the author on the link above.

PROGESS, but not a solution.

With the release of 0.88 I redid the steps from above (removed everything) and the iPhone 6 and 8 are now generating a push id ( I didn’t try the iPads yet).

HOWEVER - the push ids are not getting into home-assistant. The .ios.conf spot where they should be are empty. notify. also has not been created by HA.

I do see the attempt logged:

2019-02-21 15:00:06 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.view] Serving /api/ios/push to 192.168.1.1 (auth: True)

Note that 192.168.1.1 is the google wifi router, not my iPhone.

I also tried going off wifi (as someone had suggested) and it’s still not pushing it through.

Permissions are all correct for the user.

Closing this out for me. Solution was 0.88 and a complete reset of the HA app on my phone.

Any tips for those of us still struggling with notifications on iOS? They worked perfectly on the various iterations of the 2.0 beta app, but since I’ve gone onto the genuine beta app, I’ve had none. I’ve tried resets of the app, uninstalling reinstalling the app, the ‘scorched earth’ approach, resetting HA, renaming my iPhone in the iOS settings, I’ve even moved HA onto a new Pi and still no dice.
Any help much appreciated.

At the moment I’ve got a push token, but despite renaming the iPhone, the only notify.mobile_app in services is for the old name of my iPhone :frowning:

Thanks

One question: would the notifications have to be setup when connected to your home WiFi? Because I’ve just done the scorched earth approach again and one thing that’s consistent is I’m doing it via the duckdns connection. I get in my logs:

Error processing webhook c5c7effdbf41a0cb19e21c2e7fa9e25b1e8593d94d6da52916d1d253c5307a5b
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/webhook/__init__.py", line 77, in async_handle_webhook
    response = await webhook["handler"](hass, webhook_id, request)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mobile_app/webhook.py", line 181, in handle_webhook
    return await WEBHOOK_COMMANDS[webhook_type](hass, config_entry, webhook_payload)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mobile_app/webhook.py", line 126, in validate_and_run
    return await func(hass, config_entry, data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mobile_app/webhook.py", line 406, in webhook_update_sensor_states
    await hass.data[DOMAIN][DATA_STORE].async_save(safe)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/storage.py", line 136, in async_save
    await self._async_handle_write_data()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/storage.py", line 197, in _async_handle_write_data
    self._write_data, self.path, data
concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError

and earlier in the logs

Received message for unregistered webhook ac636a1b2cd7397170bcde4818bcd6b778a1fb74efeae35da08aea1758cdfc14

so I’m guessing they are related…

Had you any luck with solving this issue? Are you receiving push notifications now?

I have the same problem. Got a new iPhone, installed the Home Assistant app, reset my push id token (as proposed for troubleshooting here) but still don’t receive push notifications on my new iPhone. I don’t even see a corresponding notify.mobile_app service.There are only services for my old phone.

Any hint for a solution?

I am running HA-Core 0.109.6 and HassOS 3.13 on a rp 3+.

same issue here… no push notifications working