[iOS Feature Request] SiriKit

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I just figured this was more relevant to iOS than to feature requests in general. Feel free to move it though.

Given the recent announcement, it would be awesome to add support for SiriKit. Screw HomeKit for now! =P

What are other peoples thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Andrew

It looks useless to me for now:

Add SiriKit support only if your app implements one of the following types of services:
Audio or video calling
Messaging
Payments
Searching photos
Workouts
Ride booking

What you want is homebridge. It enables Siri for your devices and it works perfectly.

look it up

2 Likes

True that ;)!

yeah I’m aware of HomeBridge and have tried unsuccessfully to get it working. I have been trying the Docker containers available on the Ducker hub because I’m using my Synology NAS as the host.

This is getting off-topic but do you have any suggestions for getting it working @chanders?

Oh wow. That’s lame. I guess that’s how they are protecting their HomeKit assets? Now if I could just get HomeBridge working…

I haven’t used docker before on a NAS. I know Homebridge used node. Take a look at the requirements.

@andrew-curtis still problems with homebridge?

I have a working setup on a raspberry pi, I turn on/off everything with my apple watch now.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

I understand that Homekit devices can be seen by any Homekit compatible app. Therefore could Homekit compatibility be added to the HASS iOS app and enable a bridge to HASS?

With iOS 10.3, Siri gets a few new tweaks: You can now use Siri with supported third-party apps

Could Siri now be used to interact with Home-Assistant via the App? https://developer.apple.com/sirikit/

1 Like

I don’t think so.

SiriKit support is divided into domains, each of which defines one or more tasks that can be performed. In order to support SiriKit, apps must support one of the following domains:

VoIP calling
Messaging
Payments
Photos
Workouts
Ride booking
Car commands
CarPlay (automotive vendors only)
Restaurant reservations (requires additional support from Apple)

https://github.com/home-assistant/homebridge-homeassistant I’ve been using this for months now.

2 Likes