iOS informations in Home Assistant

Hi,

I don’t know if I’m in the right place for this topic…

I installed Home Assistant to give it a try. I want to use an app on my iPhone so I installed the official companion. But when I am logged in, I can see informations about my phone (battery for instance).

I don’t want to see these informations in home assistant :

1. It’s useless for me
  2. I think it’s not ergonomic on the interface IMO. So far I would like to see only my devices (some lights and some plugs). We’ll see later for the weather and other things.
  3. I guess it will use the battery of the iPhone, won’t it ?

What should I do ?

Thanks !

You don’t have to display the information. It’s there anyway and won’t use (much) battery.
If you’re not interested with any of the data from your iPhone and don’t want to just ignore it from the list of entities in HA, then don’t use the app but instead open your HA instance in a regular browser…

Thank you for you answer.

Actually I don’t want the phone to send the information because I think it’s useless. But I want to use the app and not a browser. So I’ll do as suggested and edit the list of entities.

I heard there will be an option to deactivate the sending of information inside the app ? I know it’s probably a rumor, but still, it would be great.

Hi Julien,
the information is there because of the integration. if you do not want to use it, remove the integration and likely you need to change your configuration to not use IOS component or autodiscover it.

it’ll use very little battery, you can see that in the ios device battery usage.

Does anyone know if the SSID information provided by the iOS integration still works? I’ve not had any success “reaching out” to @robbiet480 and for me it hasn’t worked since I came off the beta.

Still works for me. it shows wi-fi and the SSID correctly however I had to refresh to get it updated (pull down in the iOS app)