iOS/macOS Home Assistant companion app error

Hello!

I recently tested the new Cloudflare tunnel for using my own domain when accessing Home Assistant and everything works great except when I try to use the Home Assistant companion app. On both iOS and macOS, I can see the server, I can select it, I am transferred to the login page where I use my username and password and after I tap on connect I get this error:

Failed to Connect

URLSessionTask failed with error. A server with the specified hostname could not be found.

Error code:
Alamofire.AFError: 13

Can anyone help me with this situation? Thanks!

1 Like
1 Like

I have seen that post but there is no solution there. Do you see one? Thanks!

The post by Lazze is the solution

“I had the same problem today.
Solved by changing the network settings inside companion app from Nabusa Cloud to my external url in the server profile setting”

Can you be more specific? I do not see any network settings inside iOS companion app… where exactly do I have to modify this? Thanks!

ok…i managed to make it work after I simply logged out from Nabu Casa.

1 Like

Out of interest: why are you using both Cloudflared and Nabu Casa Cloud?
As I understand Nabu Casa Cloud already creates a tunnel for you.

I didn’t… I guess somehow it auto-connected or I did it by mistake…

Same problem was with me. But after I signed out of NabuCasa in the homeassistant (through web login). Then I can access home assistant through app. Hope it helps someone.

Sign out of NabuCasa in the homeassistant (through web login). Then you can access home assistant through app. Hope it helps …

Did you solved this? I’m a newbie with exactly the same problem :sob: