iOS Notifications disappearing - ios.conf missing

I have some questions about the iOS component and the Home Assistant iOS app.
Not sure if I’ve done something wrong - or if the documentation is old and hasn’t been updated.

I have the iOS component installed.
I have the Home Assistant app installed on my phone.
I can send notifications to my iOS device with text and/or camera images.

But…. I do not have an ios.conf file in my configuration directory and much of the documentation talks about making edits to it - especially with regards to adding actionable notifications. What have I done wrong - or failed to do - that results in my not having an ios.conf file? (There is a hidden file named .ios.conf but it contains JSON, not YAML)

I’m running on 0.59.

I also have a question about the iOS Home Assistant app…
If I click on a notification when it arrives, the Home Assistant app starts up but just takes me to the main screen. The notification is not displayed and it is no longer in my notification list. It’s just gone completely. If I drag down on the notification, I see the card with the large image. Or if I swipe right and click ‘View’, I also see the card with the message and the large image. But in these cases also - the image and message are gone as soon as I dismiss them. Is this by design? If so - can we get an ‘inbox’ in future versions of the app that stores these notifications and pictures for a few days at least so we can review them after receiving them?

Thanks.

I was looking for the file as well. I found it in my config directory as .ios.conf. Please note the leading dot that hides the file on Linux machines.

If you use hass.io, you can see the file using ssh:

$ ls -la /config

Hi @rtvb,

Thanks for your reply. I also found the hidden file and I’ve had a look at it - but I’m not sure that the .ios.conf file is an equivalent to the ios.conf file. Some of the documentation I’ve come upon for configuring the iOS notifications to allow responses include instructions for updating the “ios.conf” file with parameters specified in .YAML format - however, when I look in the “.ios.conf” file, it contains JSON format (not .YAML).

It’s for that reason that I suspected the hidden file was a companion file.

Perhaps someone who actually DOES HAVE an ios.conf file (in .YAML) format could confirm or deny this? Or maybe the author of the iOS component?

Thanks.

I don’t have this fie either and suspect that this is the reason for my actionable notifications not working correctly.

From the documentation it seems that the file should be generated automatically when a new device connects to Home Assistant or an existing device reconnects.

I am using the beta of the iOS app due to the login issues with the one currently on the app store.

Is this likely to be a factor?

I have the same problem… except I don’t even have the .ios.conf file nor ios.conf in the config/ directory :frowning:

I just updated to the latest version of Hassio and am back to the ios component not loaded errors.

Clearly, this is a broken component. I’ve given up with it and returned to Prowl for notifications. Not much point having my HA cloud subscription now either.

@aantono @ashscott

Apply those fixes, login with the iOS app in the connection section and an .ios.conf file will automatically appear in HA which should not really need any editing. It is a kind of ‘known_devices.yaml’ of the iOS service.

1 Like

Thank you for your efforts. I’ll give it a try.

Alternatively, long-lived access tokens might be working in the iOS beta app.

Beta program:

Topic: