Ip cam stream help SOLVED!

Hi everyone, :slightly_smiling_face: I’m new and I hope I have written in the right section … I discovered home assistant a few weeks ago, I am testing it in my raspberry directly with hassio, I understand the various integrations but I am stuck in integrating my ipcam. … I have 4 hikvision ipcam, I find them quietly with the onvif integration, but when I look at them from my lovelace I correctly see the preview image but I don’t load the stream … I tried everything from the various configurations found in the discussions etc., but I’m going crazy to no avail… :crazy_face: is there anyone who can help me ?? :pleading_face:

I’ve got hacked Yi cameras

It was a pain for me but perhaps this might help you:

I put this in my configuration.yaml:

stream:
ffmpeg:
camera:
  - platform: ffmpeg
    name: Camera 1
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://192.168.x.xx/ch0_0.h264 
  - platform: ffmpeg
    name: Camera 2
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://192.168.x.xx/ch0_0.h264

Then I used picture entity cards in the front end and only filled in the required entity

cards:
  - aspect_ratio: 70%
    entity: camera.front_camera
    hold_action:
      action: more-info
    name: Front Bedroom
    type: picture-entity
type: vertical-stack

Thanks, I tried but unfortunately I always have the same problem … I see the ipcam as an entity, I see the preview but the stream does not work …

Does your stream work if you try to play it in VLC for example?

Yes it works on VLC, in VLC I need to put username and password, maybe I need to modify the code that you suggest to me for insert it… can you help me? :see_no_evil:

Ok I found the correct rtsp address (rtsp://username:password@ip:554/streaming/channels/101) but it does not work :frowning:

Solved!!! it was a problem of authentication of my ip cams , after i put another user on the ipcams and configure it on Ha it start to work! thank you so much for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! do you want to mark it as solved with the correct resolution that helped you out :grinning:

YES! I add a new user in the interface of my HIKVISION IP cam, you can add the ip cam with the onvif integration but is important log in as a secondary user not admin, if you log as admin you can’t see the stream