I have an always-on iPad mounted on my wall with the home assistant companion app running.
I’ve noticed that I get logged out automatically something like once an hour with an error notification that says:
Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from localhost (127.0.0.1). See the log for details.
When looking at the logs I see this warning:
2023-02-01 00:24:38.263 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.ban] Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from localhost (127.0.0.1). Requested URL: '/auth/token'. (Home Assistant/2022.10.1 (io.robbie.HomeAssistant; build:2022.424; iOS 14.6.0) Alamofire/5.4.4)
This has been going on for a while and I’ve tried a bunch of things but haven’t been able to find the problem yet:
- I switched authentication over to a trusted_network and gave the iPad a static IP. I hoped this would cut out the authentication process altogether, but it didn’t seem to change anything (config below).
# Attempt to workaround logout problem on ipad by giving a trusted static ip. homeassistant: auth_providers: - type: homeassistant - type: trusted_networks trusted_networks: # Trust the ipad's IP address - 192.168.86.105 trusted_users: # Specify which user is allowed to access from ipad. 192.168.86.105: user_id_blob_redacted
- I zeroed out my dashboard in case there was some custom card doing something.
- I cranked logging up to the ‘debug’ level and stared at logs for a while.
At this point I worry that I’m missing something silly, so I wanted to ask a couple questions:
- Is there any normal reason why logouts would happen so frequently? A setting somewhere?
- Any other logging I could look at to get more information on why this is happening?
- Home Assistant running on a Raspberry Pi
- Some custom cards installed and a couple of custom integrations via HACS but nothing crazy
- Rather vanilla network setup. Just a Google WiFi and a plugged in iPad.