iPhone wallplate

Hi guys, just wanted to share my new prototype iPhone wall plate with HAdashboard, anybody would be interested in the final product?

This is only a low quality printed prototype, square hole not there in final product!

6 Likes

Like You Thinking :beers:

i could imagine doing this with a cheap 25 dollar phone, but not with an iphone :wink:

1 Like

How are you going to fix the charging? I want to do something similar with a cheap Android tablet but I’m struggling with the power source. Most ideal would be to place this over an outlet and to have 230V to USB/lightning solution where you can connect it constantly. Unfortunately I did not find that solution yet…

It’s an old iPhone 4, not that expensive

1 Like

I’ll use a 120v/5v power supply mounted on a PCB, and mount this plate next to a regular light switch where I’ll get the power

How do you turn the display on if the home button is covered?

Consider a Android phone/tablet with WallPanel or Fully kiosk browser , those apps can use the front camera as motion sensor and then automatically turn on the display.

1 Like

Its always on, and I’ll look at what deuntje says about detection with cam

How did you do that?

I installed an app called kiosk pro lite , it keeps the screen always on, full screened and hides everything else.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have an old iPad that I could use for this.

(Almost) final product !!

What country are these plates for? Guessing US.

Almost! Canada

Very nice Chris !
Is it a 3d model that you did yourself ? Is it available on thingiverse ?
Did you paint the plate or you get this white color directly from the material you used ?

What’s the interface that you’re running? It looks nicely optimized for the small screen.

Hi, yes it is a 3D model I designed myself, did not find any on thingiverse, I printed in white and layed a white vinyl on it to get a better finish

HAdashboard appdaemon

Nice! Since your pulling power from the light switch, may be a good idea to incorporate the switch cover with the iPhone cover.