Home assistant package to manage IR AC and Lovelace cards configurations
I have started it as a day-to-day improvement, but it ended with 400 lines of code. Hope it will be used by someone.
- To create a lovely page to controll all temperature and humidiy data for Lovelace from Home Assistant
Hardware and software:
- Home assistant (0.114.3 at this moment)
- Broadlink RM Pro/Mini - Will send the commands to the AC
- Cooper&Hunter CH-S09XN7 (or any AC with IR remote)
- PZEM 004v3 + Sonoff Basic (or any esp32/8266 board with Tasmota) - Used to monitor if the AC is ON or OFF and power consumption as a benefit
As a result:
Logic: General UI layout
- Each room/space has its own place/card. Inside it there are swiped cards:
- First card - Picture with sensors data
- Second - mini-graph. Humidity is a key metric to monitor as it’s really important to stay helthy at home.
- Third+ cards - some card to mamage the climate.
- Swipe jumps back to the enitial view in 10 seconds
AC IR management package:
- Main data is collected from virtual climate device to mega-sensor.
- Data from sensor is concatinated to script name
- You need to create a matrix of scripts for each command. In my case 4 2 2 24/25/26/27 C * Swing Up/Down * Cool/Heat
- Scripts have own name convention, like: k1_ac_cool_24_up
- Some automation to manage it
- I’m using PZEM 004 to monitor energy and ON and OFF status, but you can use any small door sensor, or anything else.
- I made a combination of cards to make it work and look as I think is good (K1 Kitchen at the GIF). + Some button card templates to save code space
Please take a look at the code comment at the package. Have fun and Enjoy.