iRobot Roomba i7+ Configuration using Rest980

Hi @Syrius
I also took the plunge, and tried to upgrade, I’ve overcome most issues, but I can’t find where you defined the following sensors. They are referenced in automation section of vacuum.yaml, and in lovelace file but not defined.
I am in branch dev
git status returned->
“Your branch is up to date with ‘origin/dev’”

these are the missing sensors required by maintenance.
‘sensor.vacuum_maint_clean_brushes’,
‘sensor.vacuum_maint_clean_contacts’,
‘sensor.vacuum_maint_clean_filter’,
‘sensor.vacuum_maint_clean_wheel’,
‘sensor.vacuum_maint_replace_brushes’,
‘sensor.vacuum_maint_replace_filter’,
‘sensor.vacuum_maint_replace_wheel’

Hi @pnakashian!

Good point!

These are from the Lovelace check button card :blush: if you have added the card, open the fold entity row and each will state “entity does not exist, create?” Which will create the entry in MQTT and auto discovery (needs to be enabled) will bring the sensor into HA

Did you have any other issues that I need to address / call out in the doco?

Cheers!

Hey any chance you could help me with the password? I have the i7 and the pw app from github, it shows me the output with the blid and all other info except the password, I get an error at the end. I did this fine with my 980 a year ago…I think the part Im confused it when it tells you to hold the button for 2 seconds and wait for a beep. On the i7 its different, should I hold the two outside buttons for a couple seconds like your setting wifi up or am I missing something completly?:slight_smile:
THanks!

On the i7 just hold the home button for 2 seconds (on home base) :+1:

Hi @Syrius,
I guess my MQTT discovery does not work with my current MQTT configuration.
I should have looked at the check button card and mqtt documentation closer.

I already had mqtt setup as client with discovery off for smartthings hub.
i am not using embedded mqtt broker, I have another docker container that is the mqtt broker.
Turning discovery on with my current setup i guess made no difference.

mqtt:
broker: localhost
port: 1883
client_id: hass
protocol: 3.1
discovery: true
discovery_prefix: smartthings

I’ll have to run some experiments with the embedded mqtt broken turned on again and my external mqtt broker docker container stopped, see if smartthings and smarthings bridge will work with it now.
Probably discovery is meant to work with mqtt setup as embedded broker (server mode) rather than client.

I did get “entity does not exist, create” in folder entity row but for me when I clicked it
it displayed something then it reverted back to “entity does not exist, create”. Fixing my mqtt will probably resolve this.

I had some issues installing “lovelace-roomba-vacuum-card” from Home assistant community store"
the install would not do anything, so i used git clone … on a different machine copied the files manually
to folder ./config/www/community/lovelace-roomba-vacuum-card
my issues were isolated to low memory at the time on the raspberry pi.

everything else was smooth good job on documentation. I did not think entities could be created automatically in any setup when I encountered the check button card issue.

Because you have this set, you will need to add the discovery_prefix option to each of the maint sensors (example below)
thanks for pointing this out - ill make sure to ammend the files to specify this :slight_smile:

- entity: sensor.vacuum_maint_clean_brushes
  severity:
   - hue: '140'
     value: 8 days
   - hue: '55'
     value: 10 days
   - hue: '345'
     value: 14 days
   title: Brushes
   type: 'custom:check-button-card'
   discovery_prefix: smartthings <--------------- THIS
   visibility_timeout: 10 days

Let me know how you go!

Hi Jeremy! I have a new s9 that I would like to get set up this way. It’s running version 3.2.4 and I can’t seem to get the password/BLID. the addon throws an error.

> [email protected] getpassword /usr/src/app
> node ./bin/getpassword.js
Make sure your robot is on the Home Base and powered on (green lights on). Then press and hold the HOME button on your robot until it plays a series of tones (about 2 seconds). Release the button and your robot will flash WIFI light.
This step will continue in 10 seconds...
(node:19) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.
events.js:298
      throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
      ^
Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.1.58:8883
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1137:16)
Emitted 'error' event on TLSSocket instance at:
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:84:8)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21) {
  errno: -113,
  code: 'EHOSTUNREACH',
  syscall: 'connect',
  address: '192.168.1.58',
  port: 8883
}
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! [email protected] getpassword: `node ./bin/getpassword.js`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] getpassword script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2020-02-13T01_40_10_992Z-debug.log

It says up there host unreachable. Is this a routing problem? Or is there more that I’m missing?

I am running Home assistant core (hass.io) “Home Assistant 0.105.3” in Proxmox

Hi @austech360,

Appears as though your roomba isn’t in pairing mode before starting the roombapw add-on (hence the connection refused)

Can you confirm ?

It had the blue light circling and made the noise. Is it possible the latest version of hass broke it? I had to fix my google assistant and my vizio tv with the latest update. Suggestions on trying again?
Does running in proxmox have to do with anything?

What should I put in the firmware option? The bot runs 3.2.4 but I have ‘2’ in the firmware option for the roombapw docker image.

Nah, Firmware 2 means 2+

Ok i just tested this on my i7 (running 3.2.4). i found that the blue spinning circle stops after about 10 seconds now… did not do this previously!

When I started roombapw, quickly wandered to my roomba and press the home button for 2 seconds… (whilst roombapw waits for 10 seconds) then it successfully worked and provided the password

Failing that, would proxmox cause any connectivity issues between addons and your local network?

Oh. So hit home+spot
Then start the addon?

Home and spot right? Or just home?

I haven’t had any trouble connecting around in my LAN so far. Typically things just work out for me. This time not so much.

@Syrius It was just HOME. My bad! I got the blid/password! Thanks! Hopefully I can get it from here! If not. I’ll be back :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I had a look at the documentation and it references home and spot - talk about rabbit hole :rofl:

No worries - check out the dev branch for the new version! :+1:
Hit me up if you have issues :smiley:

EDIT: This Article better aticulates it (step 5)

Where is your repository for that amazing lovelace layout of maintenance, Selective room cleaning booleans, and such? I am specifically looking for a maintenance tracker because it would be easy to forget about cleaning rollers and wheel axles.

I have /api/local/info/state now. So I think I have it running properly.

Check the first post and switch to dev branch in GH!

I do not see a way to switch to dev. I don’t see a branch on the https://github.com/jeremywillans/hass-addons link. Unless this isn’t the dev branch you were referring to?

aah ok - thats a different repo :slight_smile:

This is the one you want!

EDIT: Update link - published to master

ah! There is a LOT to go through here! This is a bit more than the average copy/paste. :joy_cat:

Hi @Syrius

worked like a charm. I thought I had alot more to do.

I love these check button cards. Starting to setup other reminder now on other view tabs, home air filter change, …

Thank you for the hard work.
/Pierre

1 Like