Irrigation Controller

Hello

I presently have a Hunter Pro C irrigation controller and want to have Home Assistant integration. It looks as though I need to replace the controller and possible rain sensor. What products would anyone recommend I look at. Does anyone have experience with opensprinkler and would they recommend it? I’ve reviewed the post from April 2020 and wondered if anyone has any further thoughts? What about the opensprinkler project. Does anyone have any experience with this setup and would they recommend it?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
Michael

I’ve used a variety of irrigation controllers and the one I’ve been happiest with is the Rachio system. It has integration into HA and is a pretty nice system all around. It is cloud-based but can be controlled locally.

2 Likes

If you want a Home Assistant solution then take a look at:

You need to organise the hardware but there are many solutions out there to suit your needs.

Cheers

I’ve had a Rachio controller in place for over three years now. Integrates with Home Assistant and has been ridiculously reliable. Their iPhone app is extremely well designed, too.

Stay away from RainMachine. The integration works well but going into second season with the product and it’s being very slow (ran ethernet to my garage and it’s still awful) and unreliable. Programs not running because settings don’t save, the ‘setup AP’ always broadcasting a hidden SSID even after connected to wifi, just a mess.

My fault for accepting a firmware update I guess :wink:

I had originally thought to get OpenSprinkler but went RainMachine because of the advertised Home Assistant integration on manufacturer website. I’m probably switching it out for the OpenSprinkler or Rachio which has a well reviewed app unlike every other device I’ve looked at…