Irrigation Custom Component with Custom Card

Thanks its works

Hi Pete
Dose it possible to add in zone section on/off toggle button?, for temporary off zone if its not uses.
And its will be great to change run_freq like in this pick

Thanks

And Last time run not work

Hi,

I noticed that as well, it is skipping a day, so if you have a frequency of 1 day it will run every second day. I will have a fix out this week once I have had a chance to test it.

Cheers
Pete

Hi,

I have a BETA version of the update. I would appreciate if you could try it for me, it includes the disable_zone feature you have requested and I think it has fixed the timing of starting the irrigation system. An update has also been made to the custom card.

Let me know how you go and I will publish the changes to the main repository.

Cheers

thanks a lot pete,
i think i got it now

New Versions Available:
Version 4.0.5 of the component:

• Add ability to disable a zone
  • Handling new and changed zones of an existing program
  • Move zone operations to a class
  • Provide zone level remaining time for the custom card
  • Improve start time handling

Version 1.0.4 of the custom card

• Add zone level remaining run time

Hi
Pleas see this video

Also in manual run "“Last time run” not updating, its also you can see on video.

Thanks

Hi,

Last run time is only updating when run via the automation by design at the moment. I can look at changing this behaviour. I will make it an option as the ability execute without updating the run data helps with my testing.

I have updated the component and card again to give run time at the zone level as well. I am working toward putting this onto HACS but I need to make sure I have weeded out the last of the bugs I can.

Thanks for putting this through its paces, look forward to the next issue you find.

Cheers
Pete

But there is not only bug about “last time run”, there is also bugs about water adjustment and remaining time quickly countdown. I show it on video.

Thanks

The water adjustment works in minutes. So if you increase the run time to 5 minutes and set the adjustment to .8 it will become 4 minutes. I use it for the lawn where the runtime is normally 20-30 minutes. I have reviewed that part of the code to handle smaller values and round up to the nearest minute. I was previously using int() so it went to 0 I now use ceil(). So one minute will never adjust below one minute. You can download a new version now.

Hi, the current behaviour for the last ran time is that if the program is stopped or it is manually run the last update time is not updated. Do you want the time to update in both circumstances or just on the manual run that has completed fully?

One of the issues with updating the last ran time out of sequence with the program start time it will skip a day when running on schedule that is based on days between watering’s. For example: if your scheduled time is 6am and you manually run it at 6pm it will not start at 6am the next day. the schedule is looking for full days with only 5 minute flexibility.

I think the manual run and scheduled run must be separate, or the manual run must be in zone section for run individual zone for any reason, and its did not affect on schedule.

Hi,

Version 4.0.6 of the component and v1.0.6 of the card are available. These support a run zone button on the custom card.

Also:

A feature you may have missed, you can have the program start at the same time each day but the zones run different cycles, for example Zone 1 running every two days and Zone 2 running every four days but part of the same program definition. This was built to prevent two programs overlapping. You achieve this by defining the run frequency on the zone rather than the program in the configuration.

Hi Pete, I am running version 4.0.6, and seeing these similar errors. This is a first time install for me, so really looking forward to seeing what this integration can do… keep up the good work .

Hi, can you post the config you are using, I will check it as well.

Cheers
Pete

Hi Again,

I have recreated the problem and released V4.0.7. Let me know how you go with this one.

Cheers
Pete

1 Like

Hi Pete, appreciate the quick reply (and apologies for my late response), I was using just the irrigationtest.yaml without changes. Hence was perplexed. What ever you have changed in V4.0.7 has resolved it. thanks very much and well done!

Hey Pete

Upgraded to v4, I see a show config in the test harness but I am not sure how to configure it.
in v2 this would hide the eco functions, but now with the new card (which by the way is pretty cool) not sure how to implement it

Hi Terrence,

Sorry I have not implemented that function into the Card yet, I will add it to my to do list, it won’t be hard to achieve just need to find the time. I’ll post when I have an update, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I am pretty happy with the card, much easier than manually configuring the dashboard.

I still have to publish to HACS but you can use HACS custom repository to add it for the moment.