Is an old rpi + mochad + home-assistant + CM15A workable?

I’m wondering if this is a workable combination and before I dive in, I’d like to hear from those who are more experienced if this will work.
I’ve recently been unable to connect to my CM15A X10 unit using the old software. System upgrades have clobbered that software. So I’m considering Home-Assistant and an old unused raspberry pi as an alternative. My reading here seems to indicate that I’d need mochad + home assistant. Evidently mochad can connect to a CM15A unit. The rpi is a Model B Rev 2 (512MB) unit. I can go out and buy a new one but I’d really like to try out Home Assistant and see if it can replace my existing control software. All I was doing in software was turning various lights on and off according to a preset schedule via either lamp modules or appliance modules. I also had an X10 motion detector triggering a light for an interval (front door). So aside from telling the CM15A the correct time every now and then (I guess that’s unnecessary if the pi is sending instructions to the CM15A as needed) and occasionally revising the schedule it’s a pretty basic system. Can I use this rpi, dedicate it to running 24/7 sending out the various control signals (via powerline) to the CM15A. I’m not really using the RF capability much except for receiving the signal from the motion detector. I’d be willing to ditch the motion detector if that was the only element I couldn’t implement with this setup. Thanks for any feedback on what I’d like to do.

It is doable. I’m currently running HA 0.114.0b0 on a raspberry Pi 1B. If it is workable, is up for you to decide. Compared to my HA (0.113.3) running on a Pi 4, it certainly is slow. But it works without problems.

I don’t think the motion sensor will work, but https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/mochad/ (lights and switches only)