Is anyone else having a problem with Tuya?

Its really strange what is going on with Tuya , I faced the same issue you just mentioned and it was only fixed
once I rebooted the router !!! Please don’t reboot your router but this gives you an indication that the connectivity is an issue with tuya at the moment , You could try again to restart HA and if you do not have a lot of devices then reconfigure them again . All of this is really just a trail and error at the moment and I could not see a fits all solution

Wish you all the best

I’ve already restarted HA more than 1 time.
I can try to reconfigure them, because I’ve just two (I just started using Local Tuya and devices smartplugs that cannot be modified with Tuya-convert to install Tasmota).
I will try tomorrow.
Thanks

Was having the same behavior and fixed it…so far. Went into Tuya IoT and created a new Cloud Project. I was very careful to select communication API Authorizations during creation. I have not found where they are visible after the project is created. In any event, selected Device Status Communication and added Location Service just to keep the communication going. So far it corrected this concern. The switch in HA follows the switch now. I’ll update if that changes.

It worked for several hours and then stopped working.

1 Like

Exactly the same problem as in the topic here.
Tuya light bulb works as supposed in Tuya mobile app and in Google Home app, but weird behavior appears in both Home Assistant environments - one in Virtual Box (old but updated instalation on Debian 10 Buster Lite) and the other one on RPi4 freshly install Debian 11 Bullseye, both installed as Home Assistant Supervised.
Looks like poor communication HA with Tuya integration.
P.S. I`m planing to test tuyalocal soon.

Armi, same issue here. Last year in October and November this happened and now it is happening again.
Last couple of weeks at night I can sometimes switch stuff on but after a couple of seconds it goes off on home assistant but it is actually switched on.
Now again I just checked, at 11am what happened to some really power hungry things I switched on last night and it showed that they were still switched on on the dashboard. If it really was the case my electric bill would not be a laughing matter. (as it already is way to high)
Every time I have to reboot the home assistant on my pi4 here. It has become so ridiculous that I am about to throw it all out. Oww btw it all seems to work on the ‘normal’ Tuya application.
The original switches in one room from my house build in 1956 still work without a glitch.

I`ve solved my problem by moving to Local Tuya addon. No more problems.

Armi, where can a relative newbie like me find current instructions on how to install Local Tuya in Home Assistant? I’ve spent days following directions on one webpage or another until I find something has changed. Thanks for your reply. Regards

I have the same problem, but found a workaround: Disable IPv6 in Supervisor → Host → Ip-Adress.
When setting the logger for tuya/tuya_iot to DEBUG you will notice, that there is often missing the PUBLISH answer from tuya after a POST of the switch-command. When IPv6 is disabled this happens nearly never.

3 Likes

This worked for a bit but then stopped again

1 Like

Also worked for me for some time and now it does not.

Same probleme reload after 1 hour

im noticing this problem. Local tuya is fine but for some devices, like RGB lights i like being able to control all the features the device offers, like change the colours of the lights… which i havent worked out how to do with localtuya… and im getting the same issue as the op with the main tuya integration.

Everything is OK now. OS 7.6. Core 2022.3.8. After core update problem was fixed

1 Like

Is anyone still having issues with this? I can’t get Tuya to respond.

2 Likes

Suddenly happening again, this problem had gone away for some time.

1 Like

I’m also having issues with the Tuya integration. I first noticed the issue a few hours ago. The Smart Life app works, but anything relying on the Tuya HA integration is broken. I found some reports on twitter of this happening to other folks. For example: https://twitter.com/gregklaus/status/1547402741273829381?s=20&t=aiZ7AfD5Kzu8nfMVg6qp0Q

That said, this issue looks unrelated to the original thread. This seems like an problem with the tuya API.

In unrelated news, I just ordered a large quanitity of zwave switches…

I had to reset my integration with Tuya recently from the ground up and now it works fine. I’m not sure what changed.

Exactly how did you reset your integration? I thought I did and added many devices back, but some I can’t identify. LocalTuya shows 43 devices, Tuya shows 40, and there are some that show on Tuya and not LocalTuya and vice-versa.