Is "BigTimer" broken?

I’m now understanding what’s going on with BigTimer. It’s not outputting any “one off” messages. It’s not outputting the “every minute” messages “every minute.”

As a trial, I setup Time and Time2 with 15 minute increments. First block was for 15 minutes, with a 15 minute break until second block, then I changed Time to the next 15 minutes, watching output, e.g.

Time: 8:15 - 8:30
Time2: 8:45 - 9:00
(after “Time2” turns “On”) set Time: 9:15 - 9:30

I can’t seem to understand how this is supposed to work. Any insight on this? Or is BigTimer really broken?

Deselect Repeat output

It was off. However, turning on “Repeat output” actually enabled the “every minute” output as expected.

But still nothing from “one-off message” output. How does that work? I would have expected “one-off message” to output “time2-up[/down]” when time blocks turn on/off.

My experience is the one-off message is repeated when Repeat output is enabled.
The output every minute has a different payload than the one-off message, I believe.

That isn’t what I’m seeing. Nothing’s coming from “one-off” and “every minute” is only repeating if “Repeat output” is enabled … which isn’t what you’d expect. :confused:

Curious, sorry I have nothing for that.

I’m seeing the same issue 5 months later. Bigtimer 2.4.0, which was included in the NodeRED installation add-on when I added it.

Nothing out of the one off. But, if I set the ON and OFF messages to a value, they are delivered at the appropriate times from the bottom output, which seems to be the function that I need…but it’s confusing as I’m not sure if that’s going to cause a problem somewhere down the line.

The same thing is happening to me. Is there any update on this?

Yeah still broken, i personaly use it with sunrise and sunset to turn my lights off. It shows me the time it gets active but it isnt doing anything, no error. Thought first it was a error on my side but as soon as i switch it to outputs every minute works flawless

I switched over to eztimer. It’s so much easier to understand, and gives me all the basics I need: based on sun rise/set with a random-able offset.