Is it possible to control Hive bulbs using Hue switches/dimmers?

Hi there,

I’ve literally just setup home assistant after watching one of Linus (of LTT)'s recent videos, and seeing some of the stuff he is looking to do with HA.

I thought I’d give it a whirl, and whilst I have only a handful of integrations configured at their most basic (essentially replicating what I already have with voice control via Google assistant), I can see the power it can offer.

One of the things I had been toying with was moving from Hive to Hue, to take advantage of Hue smart switches. I feared it would require me to replace the Hive bulbs I have all around the house with Hue bulbs which is a bit OTT.

Wondering therefore, if it is possible to use HA to combine the two, and use Hue switches to control Hive bulbs?

Cheers
Eds

Is anyone able to advise if this is achievable, as I’d love to pull the trigger on a couple of these light switches if it’s going to work.

Cheers
Eds

I pulled the trigger on a Hue starter kit and dimmer switch, and the answer is yes;
You can create an automation based on the dimmer switch, that takes action on devices from multiple different services :slight_smile: