Is it possible to control Lutron Radio RA3 dimmers and switches, not scenes, via HA?

I was wondering if someone has found a way to control a Lutron Radio RA3 dimmers or switches via HA. I am able to use the Caseta integration, but that limits me to the scenes I have defined for each keypad. I want to control not just those scenes, but any switch on the system. I used to be able to do this on RA2.

I did contact Lutron, and they said that someone from HA would need to reach out to their “workswith” team to gain access to their LEAP API.

Thanks for providing any clarity on this!

2 Likes

I’m also very interested in this. Anyone have this working? Which integration are you using?

1 Like

I’m interested in this as well as I just started exploring HA. I’ve been running RA2 system (2 main radios) for 10 years and recently did some testing with adding RA3 into the system. I’ve now converted to running RA3 processors for the RA2 and RA3 devices and I was quite disappointed to find out that the telnet protocol was removed in RA3. I contacted Lutron and, even though I’m a developer, they said that “currently” they are not providing individuals access to the LEAP API. They couldn’t comment on when (or if) they would open it up. I would love to see HA get access to the LEAP API and do a proper integration.

I did get HA to work with my RA3 test devices before I switched over, but I didn’t dive in very deep. I’m searching the net for info on RA3 setup with HA – especially with 2 or more RA3 processors. It’s not clear what the latest is - what works and what doesn’t – and even what you should see in HA if running multiple RA3 processors. I see a fair number of questions about Apple/Homekit but I don’t use any of that.