Is it possible to create a "switch" with multiple options/states?

I have an 8x8 HDMI matrix that can be controlled using a simple telnet switch. I created the switches in the YAML below and it works fine for controlling the matrix. However, I have 64 of these “switches” to control every possible in/out combination. Instead, I would like to be able to create a “switch” for each of the 8 outputs and have that switch be set to 1 of 8 states to determine the input.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on what I need to read up on for this? Am I thinking about this correctly? Or should I just make a card that displays each output with a selection for the input and then calls the appropriate “switch” as shown below?

As a side note, I would also like to be able to read the telneted response from the matrix to determine a few states. If anyone can point me to some telnet switch samples that do this, I would love it.

Thanks much in advance!

switch:
  - platform: telnet
    switches:
      hdmi_matrix01_power:
        resource: 10.x.x.x
        port: 23
        command_on: "PN"
        command_off: "PF"
      hdmi_matrix01_out1_in1:
        command_on: "SPO 1 SI 1"
        command_off: "SPO 1 SI 1"
      hdmi_matrix01_out1_in2:
        command_on: "SPO 1 SI 2"
        command_off: "SPO 1 SI 2"
      hdmi_matrix01_out1_in3:
        command_on: "SPO 1 SI 3"
        command_off: "SPO 1 SI 3"

You could use a Select - Home Assistant and then use an automation to switch on the correct switch when the selection changes.

Otherwise you’ll need to use some UI magic to do this. The GitHub - custom-cards/button-card: ❇️ Lovelace button-card for home assistant might be useful then.

How about turning it into a media_player?