Is it possible to display group panels next to each other

Hi All,

Is it possible to show group panels next to each other, instead of beneath each other?

The config below produces two plain Google Map panels, I’d like to have them displayed inside two white blocks with a title. I’ve also tried to seperate them in different groups, this was something I found elswhere in the forum.

locations:
  name: Locations
  view: yes
  icon: mdi:crosshairs-gps
  entities:
    - group.location_tel1
    - group.location_tel2

location_tel1:
  name: Tel 1
  entities:
      - camera.location_tel1

location_tel2:
  name: Tel 2
  entities:
      - camera.location_tel2

camera:
  - platform: generic
    name: location_phone1
    still_image_url: https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center={{ states.device_tracker.telphone1.attributes.latitude }},{{ states.device_tracker.telphone1.attributes.longitude }}&zoom=13&size=500x500&maptype=roadmap&markers=col$
    limit_refetch_to_url_change: true
  - platform: generic
    name: location_phone2
    still_image_url: https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center={{ states.device_tracker.telphone2.attributes.latitude }},{{ states.device_tracker.telphone2.attributes.longitude }}&zoom=13&size=500x500&maptype=roadmap&markers$
    limit_refetch_to_url_change: true

device_tracker:
#   device_tracker.telphone1 and device_tracker.telphone2 are coming from the known_devices.yaml
  - platform: gpslogger
    password: password

You’ll need to create a custom panel:

Search the forums for examples. The one listed there is lack-luster.

Ahh cool, maybe I can create a custom HTML page with this and include it in Hass. I also have a idea how I can get the info in the html page…

All the location info is available in the Home Assistant log, so I can extract this with a script

The below example is in Powershell, but I should be able to convert it to whatever else. It is just a example…

$lines = "cat home-assistant.log | grep 'device_tracker.tel'"

foreach ($line in $lines) {
	$regex = (?=device_tracker)\w+ # just a quick start, not a complete regex..
	$match = $line($reggex)
	# create object with name tel_1 and two members (lat/long)
}

But if I create a extra external page in Hass, can I be sure that non-authenticated users can not access the page??

Oh and is there some information available what languages are supported when I would like to create a custom dynamic page? I don’t think I can use php in the docker container…

This does looks like a fun mini-project for a Hass newbie :slight_smile:

Hass uses js and css. You could use your own, but i’m not sure how that would interact. If you know php or any language, learning js and css isn’t bad. I don’t know it and I was able to read and write it. I think you could just do a custom panel instead of another page. You could also use appdaemon and hassdashboard.