Is it possible to integrate a Toshiba Estia heat pump?

Thanks Michal!
I will try this next week. Looks great!

Hi Michal,
question. I Saw that you are having an Estia 4, I have an Estia 5 heat pump. Is the addressing the same or is it different?

E.g. outside temperature register address is 40019 for me. It is the 19th register entry and you are using address 18 in your code… Would be great if you can show which “register” entry you are referring to for the Estia 4.

I just see that register entry 40018 does not excist for Estia 4, so entry 40019 is the 18th entry for an Estia 4 and the 19th for Estia 5 i assume…

Hi,

It shoud be the same, look at the documentation.

Google this for manual:

BMS-IFMB0AWR-E_OM_EEU-002_Estia_Modbus_Interface_EN.pdf 

For holding registers start address = (value of modbus address for registers) - 40001.

So if you want to read register number 40001 described in the manual, you work with address 0, if you to read 40005, you work with address 4.

Read the manual for Estia interface, everything you need to know is there.

I hope it helps.

M.

Ok. Clear…
Issue i have now is that i incorporated your code in config.yaml including one sensor to try but this sensor does not appear / i cannot select it in a UI… How can I check where the integration goes wrong?

I can see that data is polled via modbus, so i assume that the data arrives in home assistant…

If you setup the sensor in HA it should show in lovelace regardless of data fetching. Show me your code from config.yaml.

Look also in the log under system and if there is an error, copy and paste it here.

Everything bad should show there.

M.

after a full restart of HA it indeed shows in lovelace… Strange, I expected that a re-run of config.yaml would do the job… Thanks!

Now I added the code to automation.yaml… and I can add the automations but I do not get a slider, only a on/off slider… Would be great if you could give me a tip here how to improve :wink:

You have to add this to config.yaml. This code is for setting two helpers - sliders. Automations are there just for syncing data between sliders and Toshiba.

input_number:
  setpoint_room:
    name: Teplá voda
    min: 40
    max: 55
    step: 1
    unit_of_measurement: °C

setpoint_room2:
    name: Otopná/chladící voda
    min: 18
    max: 35
    step: 1
    unit_of_measurement: °C

Excellent! It works. Now i am curious if also equipement data can be retreived via modbus. Like rpm of the fans or temperature of the cooling medium. This is outside the documented registers…

Further i would like to create an estimated COP efficiency. I am afraid that i will need flow data and consumed power…

small addition to the code as from october 2023: please remove the “count” lines, the data is counted automatically.

1 Like

Ahoj Michale,
if I understood it correctly, I have to purchase the Modbus interface BMS-IFMB0UEW-E. It costs 15,000 CZK (600 EUR). Has anyone found a cheaper option?

Hi Michal @enzografix I have installed the same Toshiba RS485 module, L1 is blinking but any modbus requests from HA via waveshare gateway are not responded. I have configured waveshare to ModbusTCP<->ModbusRTU mode. My question:
Do you have any additional terminator resistor added ? Toshiba unit, by default, has connected terminator resistor but other end at Waveshare has nothing.
What is your setup of RS485 bus ?
Thank you very much.
Peter

Is here somebody who owns a MB unit and willing to document the AB protocol?

Is it possible to use BMS controller pararell with casual one?

According Toshiba documentation, secondary controller is not allowed if modbus unit is connected - share the same bus. Anyways, I still could not make this 600€ piece of hardware to work with R32 unit even though everything is connected right. My local dealer plays dead bug. Maybe I just return for RMA.
Peter