Is it possible to play a music playlist in HA from jellyfin?

So im trying to get a script to play a music playlist on my apple tv (the music is on another server, on jellyfin)
this is a working script to play a song, how do i change it to playlist?

alias: play song
sequence:
  - service: media_player.play_media
    target:
      entity_id: media_player.appletv
    data:
      media_content_id: media-source://jellyfin/track~~6ca03dbeffd5dc24e233769d14ee5d5b
      media_content_type: audio/mp3
mode: single

I have tried changing content id and type but… i guess i be blind noob
really appreciate help any pointers in right directon thanks
sorry if its an stupid question but i tried searching but i couldnt really find anything helpful… thanks so much you guys

2 Likes

Did you ever figure this out?

Same question. When building the scipt in the Visual Editor I can see the Playlists in Jellyfin, but it won’t let me select a playlist, only individual songs within a playlist.

Has anyone ever found a solution?

This would be very useful. As is, the integration is not useable for anything other than notifications/alarms. If an album or a playlist can’t be played, or if no queue can be made, then it’s useless for listening to music as such.

I can control my audio receiver through Home Assistant and can send individual tracks to the receiver from Jellyfin through Home Assistant. The missing piece to the puzzle seems to be the ability to send jellyfin playlists to the receiver via Home Assistant. Just wondering if anyone was ever able to figure this out. Thanks.