Is it possible to retrieve configuration.yaml etc from HassOS SD card, offline? šŸ¤ž

Hi guys,

Iā€™ve just had had my SD card fail before I could get around to setting up some sort of backup regime. (I have now purchased an ā€œenduranceā€ SD card to rebuild on too. Hopefully this will reduce the MTBF. :blush:)

Is there a way I can retrieve the configuration from the SD card in a PC or Mac or something or am I SOL?

Cheers,
AC

Try diskinternals Linux Reader.

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™ll give that a crack.

Iā€™ve had a crack at using Windows Subsystem for Linux but I still had the issue of the partition not being visible to Windows so I couldnā€™t present it to Linux. But I think I was going about it the wrong way. Instead of mounting the drive letter that was visible to Windows, maybe there is a way to access the raw disk or whatever its called from WSL?

Using Linux Reader I was presented with the following disks on the SD card.

The most promising option looked like 6.72 GB drive in that screenshot above. A quick poke around in there I found the following location /var/log/journal\supervisor\homeassistant\ which had my configuration.yaml etc. in it! :grin:

Thatā€™s exactly what I was looking for! Thanks @tom_l!

Any idea how successful Iā€™m going to be trying to copy this data into the same location on my new SD card? :laughing:

Take your entire /config folder and you should be good.

Take your entire /config folder and you should be good.
There is no /config folder visible but would be reasonable to assume in this view, /var/log/journal\supervisor\homeassistant\ is my config folder? Its got all the same files in it.

Yes thatā€™s it.

Just confirming that it worked. Thanks again! :smile:

1 Like