Is it possible to send alerts to google home from motion sensors a/o cameras?

Hello All

This is my first post and attempt at IOT. That being said I’d like to see if its possible to have a google home speaker alert me of any triggered activity on motion sensor a/o motion camera and send a text alert as well.

Possible scenario - I’m watching TV a human walks up to a window or door my camera or motion detector detects motion I get an alert on my google home and cell phone.

I know with google actions we can create verbal responses to triggers so wondering if any of this is even possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

~O~

easy. create an automation that sends a TTS to your Google Home and a message to your phone via a service such as Pushbullet. Hopefully I have the below is correct, its untested as I’m at work and I’m still new to yaml. I do have a very similar thing set up at home. You will need to set up the google TTS and pushbullet (or other notification platform) first. I am actually going to swap from Pushbullet to HTML5 because I like the idea of having buttons in the notification that can be used to send commands back to Hass. Plus HTML5 allows for images to be sent with the notification.

automation.yaml

alias: notify on motion
trigger:
  platform: state
  entity_id: sensor.your_motion_sensor
  to: 'on'
action:
  - service: tt.google_say
    data:
  - service: notify.pushbullet
    data:

Thanks! @sparkydave for the tip and quick reply I will begin implementation as soon as my camera gets delivered

Merry Christmas!