Is it possible to use the Hive app with the hive hub and attach it to a zigbee2mqtt network

I’d like to install Hive active heating and hot water. It consists of

It looks like the receiver, thermostat and radiator valves can be added to zigbee2mqtt, but I also want to add the Hive hub as well so that it can use the zigbee mesh to communicate with the devices.

The reason I want this is to be able to use the Hive App to control the devices (and hive to schedule and boost heating).

I can set up the Hive system stand alone, however this seems like a bad idea to set up a competing mesh network in my house when I already have a vast zigbee mesh managed by zigbee2mqtt.

1. Is it a pipe dream to add all the hive devices to my exisiting mesh?
  2. Is it that bad to run two zigbee networks in my house?
1 Like

2 networks is ok if they are on different frequencies (and don’t interfere with your wifi)

Why exactly do you want the hive hub though?

To be able to use the app for scheduling and configuration of the trvs. I don’t really want to build a scheduling system in node red and it seems like it might be complicated.

I feel like its much easier for my wife to use the hive app to boost a room rather than a home assistant dashboard I’ve cobbled together!

Hi,

Did you get anywhere with this?

I’m having issues adding hive. When I add hive to HA. Both stop communicating with the devices and I can’t even log into the hive app. So I’m looking for a workaround.