Is remote webview navigation (command_webview) supported for Android companion app?

I am trying to automate things on an Android tablet running companion app. I need an option to navigate to particular Home Assistant view. I’ve checked the path using navigate tap option, it is correct and local navigation works. Then I tried to use documented command_webview notification sent to the tablet:

- service: notify.mobile_app_android_tablet
    data:
      data:
        command: /dashboard-main/resources

If the companion app is NOT running, it starts and shows me the view I ask for. But if I change view by hand or try to navigate to a different view remotely, no view change happens.

In another thread (Switch views remotely) I saw a suggestion to use custom hass-browse_mod integration for this. I would try it as a last resort, but I’d prefer to use an internal Home Assistant feature if it is supported.

So the question is: is this feature supported at all or not? If yes, how to make it working? If no, maybe the docs should be updated?

You can’t manually change the URL so not sure what you mean here.

You should be able to switch to different views everytime you call the feature.

If I change the URL and send a new notification, it does not switch view on Android if the app on Android is already running. But if I close it and send new notification, it navigates properly.

So the feature for me works only for new app launch once.

PS. By manual change I meant this: I send the notification, Android app opens the view I requested. Then I manually change it on the tablet, then send the same notification again: nothing happens.

Open an issue on GitHub and make sure to leave so by step instructions to reproduce.

Posted. Thanks, I thought it’s a known behavior.

only assume this if you check github :wink:

unfortunately I cannot reproduce it on my end with the provided steps