Is the Base URL stored in the Global home assistant variable in NodeRED?

In node red, I’ve utilized variables to run soundFX routines through the same processes so I don’t have to create multiple flows for different things.

One of my automations is a grandfather clock. Another fires off a random vintage Folgers advertisement when the coffee maker is done.

Both of them rely on repeated values which I store as global variables.

One of those values is the root URL path to my sounds, which is:
https://hassio.mydomain.com:8123/local/sounds

Under that path, I have various paths to numeric sounds. For example, there’s a /coffee path. Inside of that path there’s a christmas path which is defined using Javascript which bases it upon the current month.

Now, normally, I could just create a Javascript node and manually type in the URL to the sound folder, then store that as global variable in NodeRED.

But, what I would prefer to do is extract that value from the already existing homeassistant object via:

global.set("states", global.get('homeassistant').homeAssistant.states);
global.set("services", global.get('homeassistant').homeAssistant.services);

…assuming that the URL for the site is stored somewhere in this object.

Does anyone know a) how to quickly search through the object and/or b) if the value I’m looking for is there?

no

If you have external URL defined in the HA UI you could grab it and save it to the global score of NR.

[{"id":"29dea161.167d0e","type":"ha-api","z":"ffbd7f06.4a014","name":"","debugenabled":false,"protocol":"websocket","method":"get","path":"","data":"{\"type\": \"get_config\"}","dataType":"json","location":"payload","locationType":"msg","responseType":"json","x":290,"y":1552,"wires":[["83347616.aaf6a8"]]},{"id":"a1fd86db.ff52a8","type":"inject","z":"ffbd7f06.4a014","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":138,"y":1552,"wires":[["29dea161.167d0e"]]},{"id":"83347616.aaf6a8","type":"debug","z":"ffbd7f06.4a014","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":454,"y":1552,"wires":[]}]

Hmm…that would probably do it.