Is the Xiaomi Mijia Universal IR Remote Controller supported by the Xiaomi Miio integration?

Just wondering (before ordering) if the Xiaomi Mijia Universal IR Remote Controller supported by the Xiaomi Miio integration?

Link to product page:

Xiaomi Miio integration:

Anyone? I have same doubt.

On the Facebook channel I was recommended a different product. However, that did not work either (for me at least). In the end, I purchased a Logitech Harmony hub on eBay for Ā£40. The other devices may be cheaper, but I have two other Logitech Harmony hubs and they work flawlessly.

You might want to read my config and my blog

1 Like

Can confirm that the Xiaomi Mijia Universal IR Remote works - better late than never.

5 Likes

Iā€™m having trouble getting it to send any commands - i have the token correct as I can turn the status LED on/off but the send_command seems to not do anything - the IR leds donā€™t light up at all (as viewed through a camera)

Was there any trick?

how does your ir command look like - perhaps you got something wrong there mine are working great

looks like:

- platform: xiaomi_miio
    host: "supersecretip"
    token: "supersecrecttoken"
    commands:
      #### Samsung Remote
      power:
        command:
          - raw:Z6VDABYCAABSAgAAegYAAKIRAADmEQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA0ISEhAQEBAQEhISEBAQEBAQEhAQEBAQEBIQEhISEhISEB

Finally worked it out. I had to use the commands from the REMOTE_LEARN_COMMAND. Trying to even just copy and paste your example base64 command didnā€™t get the IR lights to flash at all. Very weird how it seems to have itā€™s own format

1 Like

Hi
can some one help me please?
I can learn the command and I can send the commands through developer and services but I cannot add it on my dashboard as entity
my code looks like that:
remote:

• platform: xiaomi_miio

name: ā€œAC remoteā€

host: XXX

token: XXXX
    slot: 1

timeout: 30

can some one tell me what is the next step ?